Chapter O4.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked Lydia as we walked up the stairs towards the main doors.

It was two days ago that Lydia was found wandering the woodsnude. After I left Isaac house, I received a call from my friend Allison, informing me that Sheriff Stilinski and a squad found her just minutes beforehand. Although I was truly relieved and wanted to visit my best friend, her mom thought it would be best if I could wait to see her. After three days of being missing, the fifth day she had returned to school. To say I was happy to have my best friend back was an understatement, I was ecstatic to have her back.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.' But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds," she flaunted. For running around in the woods for a few days, only Lydia could come back looking fabulous as hell.

I glance at her body and take note of the loss of nine pounds. "I can actually see the loss. Not that I would go rouge for a few days to get it, but I'm jealous," I smiled trying to boost her confidence.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison questions Lydia looking at her skeptically.

"Please," she replied with sass, "It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

I felt kinda bad for Allison for a second, before following Lydia's lead as she entered the building. As we stepped inside, every head in the hallway turned to look at the three of us, more prominently Lydia. Everyone knew of her erratic nude runaway through the forest, so the multiple stares were to be expected as she moved throughout the hallways. Most people thought she was crazy; hell, even I thought she was slightly crazed even with the diagnosis of a "fugue state", but everything in this town is slightly crazy, to say the least.

I glanced over at Lydia who was to the right of me. Her usual confident exterior was blown away by the awkward looks and glances people made towards her. It was definitely not something she was used to. For only being a sophomore, Lydia was one of the most popular girls in school. Lydia Martin was a name everyone knew whether you liked it or not, that's just how popular she was. For the first time, Lydia was tasting a little bit of something she's never experienced before when it came to her and her egoanxiety.

Casually, I lean over towards my best friend, "Maybe it's the nine pounds?" Allison quickly nodded in agreement.

As if something clicked in her head, she suddenly looked as if her confidence had never left. She then proceeded in sassily flipping her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder and striding straight between the onlooking crowd. I smiled and shrugged at Allison before we followed behind Lydia as she split the sea of onlookers.

About an hour or so later in my history class. The teacher continued to speak in a monotone voice and he showed us a blurry projection. He was too busy reading off of his own note to even notice that no one was actually paying attention. Every day the lessons went the same. It would begin with a vocabulary word of the day, the dive deep into the world of awful power points and boring note lectures. It's just the highlight of my day.

This was one of the classes I didn't have anyone close to talk to, so I normally sat near the back so I could text someone in another class. The only person I was relatively interested in talking to today was here. I had my phone in my lap when suddenly the door opened, the hallway lights flooded the dark classroom. In the door frame, a man dressed in uniform walked in and went up to the teacher and handed over a slip of paper. The teacher looked towards the back of the classroom and slowly limped back between the rows.

Quickly enough, I slid my phone back into my bag before he could see it. I wasn't ready to get a write-up. I expected him to hand the note to one of the few disobedient students that lingered in the back of the class, but I was shocked when he abruptly stopped in front of my desk and hand me the small, pink slip of paper.