Chapter O9.

My body shivered at the closeness Isaac brought as he gently pulled me towards him. His hands nestled into my hips, squeezing my sides tightly. Even at our close proximity, I didn't kiss him back. Isaac's lips slowed when I didn't automatically kiss him back. When he pulled his head back to look at me, my heart still pounded heavily in my chest. Since he didn't step back, he could easily feel my chest rise and fall against his.

Our noses barely touched, when he leaned down slightly to reach me. I shut my eyes tightly, I didn't want to see the look on Isaac's face right now. As I felt him try to slip his hands away from me, I quickly gripped his forearms. At my sudden touch, he froze, his hands still in place on my sides.

"Jamie," his hushed voice whispered.

My heart flutter as he softly spoke my name. It was everything about Isaac that had me shocked to a point. Isaac was right when he said I was a nosey. Even if I didn't want to admit it at the moment, it was true. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated with him. Everything I thought I knew about him ended up wrong, and I had to find out the truth. Maybe I just wanted to dig more and more into Isaac's life, maybe even find a place for me along the way. But the deeper I dug my hole, it was easier for me to fall in. And all at once, everything came crashing down. Despite falling into a mess that was much bigger than me, I wasn't scared. At the bottom of the hole, I wasn't alone. For even as much as I had dug up, Isaac had dug his own hole just as deep. We we're stuck at the bottom, but at least we had each other. I wasn't scared to kiss Isaac, no in fact, there was nothing more I wanted than for him to kiss me.

Slowly, I fluttered my eyes open to stare back at his golden flickering eyes. Isaac had me wrapped around him strange essence. The mystery he lead had made a mess of me, along with the everything else about him. His eyes held a warmth as they glowed brilliantly and held contact with mine.

I felt so shy in his arms that I slowly looked down from his intense gaze. I knew nothing about what I'm venturing into. What ever Isaac had going on in his life, I wanted to help. Why he was suddenly parading golden eyes, or his sudden agility. I don't know what the hell I was getting myself into. Isaac's eyes shined in light, and my eyes wandered down to his slightly chapped lips. "Please," I breathed testing the word on my tongue.

Isaac stared at me, he seemed numb for a moment. Crazing his touch, I moved our bodies so nothing could get between up. I leaned up to his ear. "Kiss me."

Immediately, his right hand cupped my check and he eagerly pushed his lips to mine. Our lips ignited sparks as we moved with each other. He kissed me as if I was oxygen and he was out of breath, and I kissed him back with the same such intensity. Isaac's kisses were intoxicating to say the least. Everything about this moment was perfect.

My fingers moved up his arms and wound into his luscious curls, while his other hand came to cup my face, the other slide down my side to pull me in closer. He didn't make any move to deepen the kiss first, so I moved to nibble at the bottom of his lip. I wanted more of him, not in the sense I wanted to move further from a kiss with him, but I want him to kiss me harder.

All of a sudden, a sharp pain dug into my side and into my face. Isaac abruptly jumped back and moved away from me, his golden eyes wild. I lifted my hand to my check and saw blood linger on my fingertips. "We can't do this anymore," he said turning away from me.

I looked at him shocked. "What do you mean?"

"I can't-- we can't kiss," he spoke angrily.

"Why can't we Isaac? It seems to me we were both enjoying it a few seconds ago. What happened?"

He only grunted in a response and didn't turn to look at me. His breathing became labored and his body began shaking. I walked around to look at him, he had blood covering his own hands as his fingers dug deeply into his palms. I gasped, "Isaac stop hurting yourself."

"I can't be around you Jamie. You do things to me. Things I can't do. You make me feel no control!" he whisper yelled at me.

"Then why do you keep coming back Isaac? You come here saying you're going to give me answers, but all you do is yell at me! Then you kiss me, and when I finally kiss back, you tell me that we can't kiss!" I tell him completely frustrated. "Look Isaac, I like you! I like you a lot! Okay, and the fact you keep pulling me in and pushing me way at the same time, I can't tell if you like me to or if your just dragging me along! I obviously see that there's something else going on in your life. I mean you eyes are gold for god sake! But that doesn't really matter to me!"

"Jamie I don't want you to get hurt. You need to stay away from me." Isaac said pushing me away. My pajamas were slightly bloody from his hands and the blood seeping from my side wound.

"Isaac, I don't understand. Please just talk to me!"

He turned around, his body shaking, and I swore I heard him—growl. When Isaac slowly turned around, I saw something that I couldn't explain. He suddenly roared at me, and I felt searing pain in my chest, then I fell to the ground.

Then it all came back to me. Everything from that night at the sheriff's. The fight, the kidnapping, but more importantly Isaac. The ears, the nose, the sideburns, the claws, the fangs, the eyes. Everything. It all came flooding back to me, as I watched frozen in fear, at the same monster in front of me.

"Jamie," it whispered my name so quietly, so cautiously. I knew it was him—Isaac. I wanted to say something back, anything at all, but something more dominant than my voice pumped through me—fear.

Words couldn't form, the only thing to be heard was an ear piercing scream.