6. He Turned The Day Better

"Alice come on wake up! It's already 8!" I heard my mom shouted from downstairs. I'm still half asleep and then I looked at my alarm. It says 7:46. Crap! I could be late! My school starts at 8! Instantly I jump out from bed and go to the bathroom. I ain't bring my phone because I will be more lame.

* * *

Finally, I don't get really late. I'm not really dressed today, just an ordinary shirt and jeans. I don't want to impress people, at all. Include Mark. I really don't have any feeling to him anymore. Oh God.

"You're late." Someone talked to me when I was about to bring something in my locker. It was Nina.

"Yeah I'm late." I yawned a bit.

"Where have you been last night?" She raised her eyebrow. And then we walk to the class together.

"What are you talking about?"

"You just yawned. I bet you went to somewhere place and went home at night." Why she always caught me doing something I don't want to tell her.

"No, I just can't sleep at night. You know, I have insomnia. I watch too much movies." I rolled my eyes.

"Lie" she said. God why it have to be happened to me. "You are such a sleeper! You sleep 9 hours a day!" She screamed at me. "Are you just had a date?" She looked right at my eyes.

"Can you not?" She made my cheeks turns red. I would get caught.

"Omg Alice! Who's the guy?! Is he Ed Sheeran?!" What did she just said? Ed Sheeran? How she could know him? Why she thought I was dating Ed? I didn't told her anything about Ed and I, how close we are.

"Ed Sheeran?" Someone talked from the back of me and Nina. That huge voice. I turned back, instantly. My life is over.

"Mark?!" Nina said shockly. So is myself. I bet Mark heard what Nina just said. Of course because she said it so loud.

"You date a guy, Alice?" He walked to me closely.

"N..No..Of course not.. I have you.." I don't know what to do, maybe he will does something rude to me. I'm too scared to said something to him.

"Who the f is Ed Sheeran?!" He pushed me against the locker. He makes me so scared. I can saw from his eyes, he's so angry now. "Who the f is he?!"

"He's the guy you punched at the party! When I was builde something from legos with him! You punched him! You're so  mean!" I don't know how those words can came out from my mouth. I'll get so much trouble.

"He's so pathetic! He plays legos at this age?! He's such a faggot! How can you want with that kind of guy?!" He held my wrist so thight, it hurts. People are watching us, this is so embarrassing. My cheeks getting red.

"He said he understands women than womens understands themselves it makes me believe him! Not like you!" I try to get off from him but I can't. I'm too weak.

He slapped me. That was the hardest slap he ever did to me. I saw his friends took Mark away from me, also Nina, she took me away from him.

* * *

"I will not speak loudly about your secrets again, Alice. I'm so sorry. Are you ok? Did he broke your cheek?" She said at the hall after class is over.

"Yea I'm good. Of course not haha" I said laughing. "Um, I'll see you around? Text me if you want to know about this. Bye." I added and then walked away. I saw her waving at me, I waved back.

I walk home, and looking around hoping there's no Mark, I just don't want to get any slap again. He's a football player, of course he have sturdy arms. I still can feel the pain on my cheek. I think it's getting purple. Suddenly Ed came to my mind. What is he doing now? Where is he? Is his arms already getting better? I want to meet him. And tell everything just happened. He's like my diary now.

I putted my earphones on, and start to listen to The Smiths. My home is not really far from my school. So, I always walk home. When I just about to change the song, when I reached my phone in the pocket, I feel a piece of paper. I reached the paper first and start to read it, it was Ed's. The piece of paper he gave to me last night with his phone number on it. I smiled like an idiot.

I get home not too long since I found the paper. I quickly go to my room. Gladly there's nobody home. My parents are still work. And my brother is having an baseball excercise.

I opened my phone and start to type his phone number on new message on the text message. I can't tell you how happy I am.

To: Ed Sheeran

"Save my number, this is me, Alice. (: " Send. Big smile expand on my face. I go downstairs to get some drinks and some chips. I take my phone, I don't want to miss his first text to me. When I just about to sit on the couch and turned on the tv, my phone rang. I instantly run towards my phone. His name showed up on the screen. I can feel those butterflies flying around my tummy.

From: Ed Sheeran

"Ayeyey ok ma'am! Alice glad you text me!" He's so funny. I laughed pretty hard. Laugh of happiness.

To: Ed Sheeran

"Haha, good. Yea, what's wrong?"

From: Ed Sheeran

"I'm having a gig now. Starts in 30 minutes. If you want, I have one ticket, I purposely save one ticket just for you, perhaps you want to watch me." I don't know if he still remember me, that detail.

To: Ed Sheeran

"Wow Ed! I'd love to! How can I get the ticket from you?"

From: Ed Sheeran

"I'll commend the ticket to the guardman, and I'll tell him how you look a like. Tell me what outfit you gonna wear, cause I'll tell him. You don't need to get dressed, it's just a small gig in a very small venue. Just wear something that comforts in you."

To: Ed Sheeran

"I'm wearing a shirt with Bart Simpson faces on it, black skinny jeans, and red converse. Do I need to pay?"

From: Ed Sheeran

"No! You don't have to. I'm waiting for you Alice, I really hoping you come." Fastly I catch a cab after he told me where he does the gig.