27. Jetlag

- Ed's Point of View -

It's been 4 days since she flew to US, leaving me alone in UK. It's quite hard to choose the right time to facetime or call her because of the timezone difference, at the end of it I always send her texts. I just really want to hear her voice right now. No, you have to hold this.

"Hey, already know when you will back home?" I texted her.

After about 1 hour later, she replied,

"I just asked my mom we'll be back tomorrow about at 11pm."

"Thank God. Can't wait to see you again x" I said on the text, but she didn't reply. I really do wonder what is wrong, what is happening, and who's also behind this.

* * *

I chose to hang out with my long-time best friend Sarah, before I go to the airport to meet Alice. She knew Alice, she knew quite a lot of her because she's also her friend. At the first time I didn't know if she was friends with Alice, but one day when I talked about Alice to her, she said she knew her. Since that I spend more time with her when Alice is not with me, or when I have problems with her. Or also I can looking for Alice's informations from Sarah, she can catch gossips so fast.

"Hey by the way, is Alice act a little bit different this past few days?" She asked as the waiter walked away after serving us coffees. And that question really gets me.

"I can't say that."

"I knew that." She nodded, drinking her coffee.

"Knew what?" I asked back, confused.

"Knew her. Alice acting different to you. I've tried to talk to her but she didn't let me to know anything about this." She threw her hands to the air. Okay, it solved slowly.

"Let's just let her free for a moment, we'll figure it out suddenly. She can't hide this for forever. At least I'm going on tour and she's going to be in the college, the chance for us to know even bigger." I said, calmly. Where actually I'm really worried about this. I don't want to let her free like that.

"But you can't just let her free like that! At least keep your eye on her. She can leave you whenever she wanted, you don't deserve to stop her. It's all in her hand."

But all she said was true. Really true. I can't let her free like that, without keeping an eye on her. She was right about me don't deserve to stop her. It's all true. I don't understand why is it have to be happened this fast. All I'm worrying about is that she's cheating.

"Is there something happened to you with the new Alice?"

"So this is kinda the story, um, I was at a cafe at the airport with Alice before she fly to America, I was telling a story but she kept texting and she was smiling to the screen. She said she was sorry and she was stuttered that time and I guess she accidentally said 'him'. That's kinda what happened." This shit really want me to break the table into two.

"Do you want to work with me? I want to figure this out more deeper."

"But I'd be lying." I said, doubtly.

"Lying for goodness." There was a pause for a moment because I was thinking for this. This plan could be fatal if I screwed things up. My relationship with Alice could break, so is our friendship.

"I will just figure this by myself. Thank you but I'm sorry. Okay, I have to go. Thanks for spending your time with me." And then I left.

I rather figure this out by myself. I don't need any help. It's my problem, it's for me to solve.