8. Life Conversation

"You want me to walk you home?" He asked he in front of his flat door.

"Um, actually I got a day off starts tomorrow. And I feel kinda tired." I said seeing him looking for the key in his bag.

"You can rest in here, if you want to." he replied unlocking the door, and opened it for me.

"You're not gonna having a party right?" I asked and then walked in, when Ed still try to bring his stuffs out there. His room is getting different 80%. The room is cleaner than it used to. Where it used to be so messy. But those jackets still on the sofa.

"Of course not." and then he closed the door with his feet. He dropped  his body to the sofa. And leaned back on it. "Consider this is your own flat Alice."

"Ok. Your room looks cleaner." I said with evil laugh looking around the room.

"Thanks." He smiled at me,

"Is it because of me?" I said too much stupid words. I don't know what happened with my brain.

"Hahaha. I can't say it." He replied with his british accent. That hot british accent. I laughed  a little bit.

"Stop laughing at my accent."

"Ok, ok, I'll stop." I said laughing, again. "May I?" I asked him before I open the fridge.

"Sure, of course." And then I opened the fridge, nothing in there. Oh Ed. "But there's nothing in there. I haven't buy stuffs this past days. I have gigs."

"Yeah, it's really empty. You want me to make something?"

"Um... Beers will be great."

"Can I have one too?"

"Sure" I took two beers, for me and for him. I start to sit next to him. "Is people around here already know you?" I asked while he taking a gulp of beer.

"Um.. Uh... Not a lot. Don't need to worry." He took a gulp of beer, "I moved here about a month ago. I've did about 25-30 gigs here. Singing my songs, busking, writing songs, yeah. Sometimes girls want my sign when they met me at the sidewalk. Or when I was busking.  Cause I just really love evening walks. It's really calming my heart when I was tired with my life or something." I love the moment when Ed and I are talking about life, or about our personality, it makes our friendship getting closer each words.

"Tired because of what?" It's pretty hard to say it, because I think that question is right to the point of the conversation.

"Um... Uh... You know." He said stutterly. His cheeks turns red like the color of his hair.

"I don't know." I raised my shoulders.

"My hair color." He sighs. I don't like how people assess Ed from his hair that maybe impact to his future. "They making fun of me. They said something like 'Gingers have no soul and will never success because of that hair color.' And they laughed. I'm like, what's the matter? Success or failed not caused by ginger hair or any other hair colors. If our heart pushed us to reach our dreams that could come true. And I'm gonna go with it. I'm gonna follow my heart."

"What's your dream anyway?"

"Um... I... I want.. Ahah.." He laughed shyly. "I have a lot, but, ok I'm gonna tell you one of my dreams.. Ok.. Uh.. I want.. I want to sing in front of million people and sing in a big arena. And also, I want one of my songs nominated in Grammy, even I won't win. And prove them that gingers does have souls and show them I'm success as a ginger-haired british singer-songwriter. I want success to be the revenge for them." Ok, I think I'm going to cry.

"Your story touched my heart." I laughed with tears stagnate in my eyes. "It opens my heart to do something a lot better. It makes me want to get off from my problems. From what I want them to go from my life."

"Like what?" He asked me. I sat closer to him.

"Mark." I couldn't look to his eyes. I started crying again. I messed up my hair, and then putted my beer on the table. Ed just looking what I'm doing, he looks baffled. I stood up, when I was about to walk to the bathroom, he stopped me.

"Don't go to the bathroom and cut yourself off again. You want me to cut myself again?" He taking off the bandage I rolled over around his arms. "Like this?" He showed his arms to me. I cried even more harder. He walks towards me slowly. I still can see his scars all over his arms clearly. His hugs warming up my heart. After I took of his hug, he stares at me seriously. I don't know what he's staring at. I mean, he looks so serious. I raised my eyebrow.

"Um, sorry? Is there something wrong?" I looked to the left.

"What happened with your cheek?" Crap, I forgot about my cheek.

"Uh.. No.. Nothing.. It just.. I hit the door yeah"

"No, that looks like, you got hit by someone."

"What are you talking about?" I did a fake laugh.

"I can see a fear in your eyes." He gave me a gaze. He made me freezed I can't do anything.

"Mark slapped me at school! He slapped me! I don't like him making fun of you. Mark is one of 'them' in your life, Ed. He making fun of you! I actually defend you. He got angry and then slapped me in front of dozens people. Sorry, I lied to you." I hugged him again.

"I'm sorry I can't be there to protect you."

* * *

Birds singing made me awake. I looked at my phone and it's already 10:30am, and I got 2 texts from my mom. I forgot to tell her I'm not going home.

"Where are you honey?"

"Are you gonna sleep over at your friend? Ok." I'm glad she's not mad at me. I saw the curtain still covered the window, so Ed's room still dark. I looked around and it sounds so quite. I don't see Ed.

"Ed?" I shouted and no answer. I saw another piece of paper under my phone. It says,

Morning Alice, sorry I gotta go and I don't want to wake you up. I've made you breakfast, I went to the market to buy some eggs and bacons. It's served on the dining table. Sorry I can't attend you breakfast. I also bought drinks and snacks. Eat it whatever you want. And if you want to go home, please lock my room and bring the key to your home, text me your address.

Ed (: x

Instantly I looked to the dining table and yes, bacons and eggs and a bread served on the plate, and a glass of water on the side. It's served so well. I can't say anything. Ed is so sweet, he went to the market just to make a breakfast for me.

I walked toward the dining table. And took the plate of bacon, eggs, and bread and the glass of water to the sofa I slept on.

"Thank you for the breakfast :)" Send.