22. New Songs Up

Monday, June 30th, 2008

"Good luck for the test today :) make sure you're not thinking about me! Hahah." I said, on the text. She's been on test since last week's Monday. So, probably we're not hanging out, phone calling, texting a lot this past weeks. But we still did sometimes. And also, I haven't meet her since we were studied together at McDonald's, and I know that's quite long. I have more gigs than I used to, so that's making our chance to meet more smaller, like 3 or 2 gigs in a day, that's tiring. I wish I could just chill out with her here, watching the new films I bought with her, or maybe watching The Notebook again, or Shrek.

Making breakfast alone, with no her voice on the phone, no her face on the phone screen, with no pictures sent or delivered, with no June memories in my mind. I don't know, I miss her so bad.

I bring my plate of breakfast and a glass of water to the living room, to watch TV, Monday morning cartoon.

"Thomas! Oh Thomas!" Said the black mama, on Tom & Jerry. I always wanted to know her face since I was kid anyway. When Alice had sleep-over here, we like to watch Tom & Jerry or Spongebob Squarepants from 6 until 8 in the morning, eating breakfast made by her, drinking tea or coffee, I love that moment, it's so peaceful.

I washed the dishes, of course. I did this all the time, or maybe 'sometimes', when Alice is here I did it 'sometimes'. We like to wash it together, because it sounds fair.

I back to the sofa, hearing Spongebob Squarepants song theme. I really got nothing to do, I don't have gigs today. But then I remembered Paige, the girl Alice told me at McDonald's. How her bad experience inspired me to write a song about it, I think I should meet her, and talking about it deeper. I also remembered that Alice gave me her phone number, it was in my jeans pocket.

I walked to my bedroom where my jeans I wore yesterday at, it was hung behind the door. I put my hand in each pockets, and I found it in the back pocket. I walked outside, back to the sofa, opened my phone, and start to put her number to text her.

"Hey Paige, this is Ed Sheeran, the guy you met at McDonald's with Alice. Can we hang somewhere? Alice is doing test now, I'm so bored." Send, ok all I need to do now is to wait her reply. I spent it all with watching Spongebob, but then my phone buzzed.

"Omg hi Ed! Sure, where? Just both of us?" She replied.

"Uh.. Um.. How bout.. Hey you love ice cream? Yeah just both of us, i want to talk about something actually."

"I love ice cream! Baskin 'N Robbins?"

"Ok, meet me at baskin 'n robbins at 1. Is that fine?"

"That's fine! See you there!" 

* * *

12.45pm

"Hey, you come faster." I said, expecting I will come earlier than her. She stood up from her chair and start hugging me, as a friend.

"Hi! Yeah, because I want to get my silence moment here, before you come. I don't know, I love being alone."

"Let's back sit," I said, whispering. Pleasing her to sit. We sit right next to the window facing the road.

"Hey why don't we just get some ice cream first?" She asked, preparing to stand again,

"Oh! Of course, ok, sure, no no no just sit here let me buy it for you, what flavor? Cup or cone?"

"Uh.. I want strawberry cheesecake. Uh.. Cup. Here.. Here's my money,"