3. Cold January

"That corner."

"Sure" he replied. He walked to the place I wanted to sit on. I followed him from the back.

We sat right on the place I wanted to sit. It was my favorite. Mark and I used to be like to spend time here. Right over here. He used to be sat on Ed's sit. But now, it has changed.

"Oh Ed, I'm so sorry about the tragedy last night, about Mark punched you. I feel so sorry. It was because of me. I shouldn't approached you that time. If I didn't you won't get punched where that was really ruined your night." I explained, he puts his pointed finger right on my lips. I'm blushed again.

"Sshh Alice. It's not your fault. Not at all. I'm ok." He said. It makes me want to cry.

"But Ed look, your  cheek! It was getting purple! It was still trace!" I said with higher tone. He told me to speak lower with hand sign.

"I am ok Alice. You don't need to worry."

"Oh. Ok then. I'm glad to hear you ok. Thanks." I said. And I just realize that I just say something that not make any sense. I feel so stupid, because I said it in front of Ed. I'm scared if he will think that I'm weird, I don't know I'm just scared.

"Why you thanks to me? Haha you're such a dork." He laughed. Make me so embarassed. No joke. He realizes I said something doesn't make sense. I feel like I want to disappear from this world.

"You don't think you're a dork?" I said, don't wanna lose.

"You were busking. When you still does have money, and home. And you play legos." I added. I think, I should not say that, I'm scared if I'll break his heart into pieces like a lego house dropped to the floor. I just can't imagine if he mad at me. I need to get ready.

"You think?" He said, raised his eyebrows.

"I'm homeless. And don't have much money." He added. He start to making me confused.

"Sorry, what?"

"I'm homeless. And don't have a lot money. I don't have anything. Except my guitar and my jackets. And also my phone that's all." He explained more clearly.

"Oh my God. Ed I'm so sorry, I don't know that you were... Homeless. Now I know why you're busking. I just, omg I'm so sorry, I really don't mean to say you're a dork because you're busking and play legos. I was just joking. It's ok if you don't trust me, I'm such a bad friend." I messed my hair a bit.

"It's ok. We're only friends for a day. You don't know anything about me." He smiled at me. It melted my heart.

"Yes I know, but, it just, that was really mean." I said, still not calmed down.

"Just drink your vanilla latte." He took a gulp of his drink.

"Ok. I feel like such a bad person." I do really regret to said that to Ed. I feel so bad at him.

"Oh it's all ok Alice, just drink your drink."

"I'm such a bad friend."

"No you're not Alice"

"I'm not good to be friend with."

"Stop Alice, you're so funny." He laughs. I'm glad I could make him laugh. I couldn't believe he laughs at me. I smiled like an idiot. He laughs a little bit loud, he made the customers in this cafe stare at him.

"Ssshh Ed" I leaned forward and told Ed to keep silent because people around here starting to stare at him also myself. I'm chuckles.

"Ok. Ok."

After I took a gulp of my drink, I asked him,

"If you were homeless, where did you sleep?"

"I used to be stayed on my friend's, Daryl's sofa for a year and a half. And stayed in 3 different houses. But now I had a flat. So I don't have to sleep over at my friend's sofa."  He said. And spit out a chuckle. I don't even know if he was a singer-songwriter. I slowly knows his personality. Which is great for me.

"Wow! I don't know if you're a singer-songwriter! I also make songs. And sing. But not as great as you. You're way more better."

"Who knows? I haven't see you sing. So I don't know."

"Who's your favorite band? Or musician?" I asked him

"Hmmm... I do listen to a lot of musicians and bands. But, I like Bon Iver, The Smiths, also Sir. Elthon John. Maroon 5. I don't know, there's a lot of bands I can't tell you one by one."

"Omg, you have a great taste in music! I really love Smiths and Maroon 5, Gosh Ed, you're really have a perfect taste in music. I really do. No lies."

"You too!" he looks so happy. I'm happy seeing him happy.

Invites him to my home cames through my mind. But it's pretty hard to say it. We just friend for a day. And I already asked him to come to my home. I'm confused. 'Unforgetable memories comes out from crazy ideas.' I decided to asked him.

"Ed?" I asked.

"Yes?" He replied with a smile on his face. Literally melted my heart.

"Would you like.. To.. Come to my home? We could make songs together, you could hear me singing, there's a small home studio there, we can use it."

"Omg really? There's a studio? That's so awesome! I'd love too!"

"Great!"

He literally made my day. We only friends for 24 hours, and I already asked him to come, and he agreed. I can't even tell. I don't know if we could make this far. This is such a great way to start our friendship. I love how he understands me, how we're connected, how he treats me nice, how he makes me happy.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me shyly.

"Yes, how about you?"

"My stomach already make a giant whale sound." He chuckled after that. Also made me laugh. Ok, he got me.

"Ok, let's go now."

"Finish your drink, dork." he surprised me a bit, but then I laughed. I love how he always make me happy. The other side of my body, I feel safe with him. I feel comfortable with him.

"You too, dork."

* * *

"Where we gonna eat?" I asked him while walking on the sidewalk.

"You like Nando's?" He stare right at my green eyes.

"Sure." I looked at my purple vans. I'm just too shy to stare at him back. Too shy to stare at his beautiful blue eyes.

He just nodded. Awkward. Silence. That's what happening now. We don't know what to talk. I think hard. But still don't know.

"It's so cold, isn't it?" Finally he talks. He rubs and blow out his hand. And then putted his hands in his jacket pocket.

"Yeah, it's January." I replied, he's right. It so cold in here. I saw his hands in his pocket. Slowly I lift up my hand. Still don't know if I'm gonna do it or not. I'm starting touched his arm, he looked at me weirdly.

"Is it ok?" I asked presume to stare at his eyes.

"Of course."

After he said that, I started to put my arm around his arm. I held him, tight.

"You sure?"

"Yes"

Sorry if this is too short and too boring or whatever. Oh, from this week's Saturday, 'til the next Monday (7 days), I will having a final exam. So the other next parts will be due a little bit long. But I will try to spend my time to write these. Thanks (: