23. Morning Rain

Monday, 7th July, 2008

10:00am

"Hey," I greet her, when she opened the door,

"Hey! Come in," She held my hand and pulled me in. I don't see anybody in the house anyway. Oh, it's Monday. School day, work day.

"Sounds so quiet." I looked around the house while walking upstairs to get to her room.

"Yeah, it's Monday." She laughed, she walks upstairs faster makes me left behind a few steps away.

"Hey wait!" I run towards her, making me feel tired, even though it's early morning, I guess that's why I get more tired easily because it's still morning.

"Did you bring the tape?" She asked, while turning on the thing to play tape, we're planning to hear the song together before I give it to Paige this afternoon.

"Uh.. wait.." I'm pretending to check all of my pockets, I'm putting my worry face. Pretending forgot to bring the tape.

"Don't tell me you're forgot." She stands like a boss. Makes me burst out of laugh,

"I'm just kidding, here." I took the tape out from my jacket pocket, and give it to Alice. She put it on, and it start to play,

The intro is just sounds of guitar playing.

You're just a small bump unborn in four months you're brought to life 

We usually don't talk, while she or we're listening to my own songs, she said we need to enjoy my voice, my song. I know it sounds more calming too, than keep talking or screaming while listening over it it just makes us don't really care about the song, and just forget it. So we don't know how the songs sounds like, how the lyrics looks like, we could not impregnate it.

Then you can lie with me, with your tiny feet

When you're half asleep I'll leave you be

Right in front of me for a couple weeks

So I can keep you safe 

But then, I start to heard, someone is sobbing. But I still don't really care about that, maybe that is just my heart or her cat. So, I keep listening to the song.

‘Cos you were just a small bump unborn for four months, then torn from life

Maybe you were needed up there but we’re still unaware as why. 

"Omg Ed, God I need tissue." She flutter her eyes, quickly I bring the box of tissue on her desk, and give it to her. She took a few tissues, and start  wiping her eyes. Oh so that wasn't my heart or her cat, it was Alice. "Omg what happened to me," she took one more piece of tissue, and start wiping it to her nose.

"Are you really really crying?.."

"Ed, you gotta be kidding me," She took deep breath, throwing her hands to the air. Makes me chuckled, "what are you laughing at?" She goes serious, making me laugh even more harder. Oh, this girl.

"No, it's just you, uh, I have never seen you cried this hard while listening to songs." I laughed even more harder when I try to explained why, where I'm trying hard not to.

"Yea, I realized that too." Finally she smiled.

"Don't cry," Suddenly we heard about 2 or 3 thunders that made us surprised. "Seriously?" I raised my eyebrow, she listen to the thunder seriously,

"This is London." She stood up from the bed, I just stare at her wherever she walks, she took the tape off and give it back to me, and saying she wants one copy of the song too, putting back the box of tissue to her desk and threw her tissue away to the trash can. But then she stopped in front of the door, making me confused, and she tries to say something,