Chapter 16

The wedding was absolutely incredible. I never saw my brother so happy. The only thing I didn’t like was seeing my mother.

Flashback

I walked into the room where the party was. Liam was by my side and we were laughing at something Louis said earlier the day.

“Kate, is that you sweety”. That voice. I recognized it immediately and turned around.

that’s the moment I looked right into the eyes of my mother. The mother I hadn’t seen in 3 years, the mother that I hated. Liam squeezed and I looked at him. His eyes were saying you can do this. “Hey mom” I said. “Kate! I didn’t recognize you!” she screamed and gave me a hug. I smiled weakly and waited for our conversation to continue. “who’s this?” she asked looking at Liam. “This is my boyfriend Liam” I just said and Liam waved.

Jacob saw us and called my mom. She gave one last hug and walked away. I looked at Jacob and gave him a ‘thank you’ smile.

Flashback over

But the other parts of the wedding were fun. We laughed a lot, joked a lot and of course we got drunk.

But now was the hardest part of this whole trip to London. I have to leave Jacob, Liam, Lilly and the other boys and Eleanor behind.

We had arrived at the airport 30 minutes ago, and I had tears in my eyes for 30 minutes straight. “Can the people for the flight 18467 to New York go to gate 25” a voice spoke over the intercom. I looked at all the people around me and realised it was really time to say goodbye.

I started with hugging Jacob “Baby sister, please be good. And come back soon” he said. I nodded and gave him a big hug. I walked to the boys and looked at them with tears in my eyes. Louis and Eleanor walked over to me and gave me both a hug. “you can always call me, always!” Eleanor said “Me tooooo” Louis said. “Can we have a bit of Kate too?” Harry and Zayn came walking towards us. “Katy Katy, call us every day. Or once a week because you probably will annoy us when we hear you every day” they laughed and hugged me. Niall walked towards me and gave me a hug. He had tears in his eyes. “Kate, please promise we will be best friends forever and always. And you will call and text. But most important won’t forget me” he cried and I hugged him really tight. Gosh I love this boy. “I promise” was all I could say.

Lilly gave me a hug and knew you didn’t have to say anything. We had our talk the night before.

Last Liam walked towards me and gave me a really big hug. He kissed me “Last call for the people of the flight to New York” the same voice said and that’s when I had to go. They walked with me to my gate and I gave Liam one last kiss.

I walked to the woman behind the desk and showed my ticket. She said I could walk further so I did. Just before I walked through the big doors I looked back one last time. I looked Liam in the eyes, and I couldn’t help but cry even harder.

What am I doing?