Chapter 23 ~ Reoccurring Nightmare.

Daehyun's POV
The past couple of nights I have found myself sitting at the kitchen table, or on the couch, or on the kitchen counter thinking about what to do about Seoul.
Youngjae seems sure about what he is saying but does he really? His whole life is here. We, in a way have a modelling job, we have our own house, schooling we can find, food to eat at our tables, and for friends and family, whatever we are to them, they're here.
Yet if we were to move to Seoul we would have hardly any money, have to find a home, pay for schooling, buy food somehow, leave some friends and family, find jobs, not to mention the bills.
The lists of pros and cons go on, I just couldn't stop waking up with deep anxiety over the matter.
This was my 2nd week of doing so since Youngjae brought up the idea.
And I sat listing these pros and cons in a notepad at the kitchen table, the only sounds coming from the ticking clock and the slight friction between my pencil and paper. I had had the idea to get the lists out of my head by writing them down when I woke up tonight, 4:08 as per usual.
Nothing ever changed, Youngjae always slept next me, making light snoring sounds, muffled by his pillow. The clock never failed to read 4:08am, and now if it were to read anything else it may worry me ever so slightly. And I was always drenched with sweat from the reoccurring nightmare, where I was lost in a crowd, then I spot Youngjae and everything disappears and there we are left on different roofs of buildings where I am forced by something to fall until I am inches away from the ground and I that is when I wake up. But the scariest part of all is that my head spins around to face behind me and I watch as a eyeless, cut-throat Youngjae comes falling also down the gap between the buildings about to jump onto me, a knife in hand. And I would hate to know what happens after that.
My mind tried drifting for a god damn who knows how manyth time, but shaking the thoughts I stood, heading towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water, I filled the glass with water almost to the top before taking a long gulp. Looking at my reflection in the window I looked ghostly white, bags dark under my eyes, and no colour at all in my lips. I looked terrible, like I would kill someone at any moment, like something out of a horror film.
"Dae?" I heard a whisper behind me and looking back at the reflection through the window Youngjae stood there his baggy jumper slipped over his naked upper body and his hands cuddling into the sleeves.
"Jae. What's wrong? Why aren't you asleep?" I turned walking towards him, his arms moved to an outstretched position as he fell into my embrace wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.
"I woke up and you weren't there, again! You promised I wouldn't have to wake up without you there again!" Youngjae cried into my embrace, hitting my chest with his small fists lightly.
"Stop crying Jaejae. I'm sorry, okay? I just can't sleep. That's all." My chin rested on top of Jae's head as I made shushing sounds into his ear. I hated to see Jae cry, it broke my heart worse than my heart has ever been broken before. There's just something different about him. I'm in love with him.
"But why can't you sleep, I see the unhealthy bags under your eyes and the weight you have lost and where is my Dae's glowing smile when I need my day brightening?" Jae's tear filled eyes looked into my broken ones and all the pain both he and I are feeling can be reflected in his big brown crystal-like orbs.
"Come on, let's sit in the couch and watch a movie, yeah?" Leading Jae over to the couch he sat down and I went to look through our bookcase's movie selection.
Grabbing the first chick flick I see I pop open the case and place the movie into the DVD player.
I turned back around and walked over to the couch where I sat next to Youngjae, not a word being said between us until around half way through the movie.
"Thank you Dae. I'm sorry for crying. It was just starting to get to me." Youngjae turned to face me smiling a sad smile, and I smiled a just as sad smile back.
"No it's my fault, I broke our promise Jaejae. And that wasn't the right thing for me to do.
Youngjae hums a response to me settling further into the pillows of our old couch, closing his eyes and crawling ever so slightly into a ball.
I chuckled and got up to go over to the counter where my glass of water still sat, and picking it up I took yet another large gulp looking out to see the busy city out of the window, that was until I heard a growl from behind me.
And there he was in the reflection of the window behind me, Youngjae from my dreams, this was all a dream.
Youngjae was twitching and the knife in his hand was drenched in blood. And slowly he was beginning to inch closer and closer to me. Letting out louder growls as he came closer. His growls were demonic and not in any way human like.
I felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat, and demonic Youngjae's heavy breaths in my right ear.
"If you want to kill me, just do it." My voice came out stronger than expected and I pushed out my chest in pride and confidence.
"Okay." The whisper was chilling. And after that I felt a gut retching feeling and looking down I saw Youngjae's hand had gone all the way through my back to my stomach and had ripped out my intestine and held them in his had through my stomach.
Then everything went black. The last thing I remember is a flash of looking down and seeing Youngjae eating my kidney, blood scattered all over his face, bloody sharp teeth in his mouth.
And then once again everything was black.
-----------------------
Hello guys! Long time no see! And I am so fucking sorry for that, I am in Mexico at the moment and thought I'd update because I woke up from my worst ever nightmare around an hour ago (and I am now mentally traumatised). So how did you find the scary chapter? I kinda am digging it! It kinda makes me think about Until Dawn if anyone has watched a gamer (Markiplier for life!) play it or have played it themselves you will understand why I say that! Anyway I'll make sure to update more often, I'm just busy with school at the moment but I know that isn't an excuse. Alright I love you guys and don't forget about the 5K reward of 100 things about me! :)
Love From Jess XOXO (Just Like EXO's Song!)