Chapter 11

:::At an amusement park:::

“Wow! Look at all the rides!” Yoona exclaimed, jumping up and down in excitement.

“Calm down! We’re here to take pictures! Our deadline’s next week!” Sooyoung laughed as Yoona was just about to walk to the ticket stand.

“Unfair! It’s our first time to bond and you’re all about pictures! Jessica’s taking too much of your time lately!”

Blushing profusely, Sooyoung stuttered, “O-o-of course not! Besides, that’s just because of all her blind dates! You know how picky she is!”

“That’s because they’re not someone she actually likes!” Yoona winked knowingly while Sooyoung looked at her in confusion.

“What’re you-”

“Nothing! Go take your stupid pictures while I look for something to eat!” And with that, Yoona pushed the other shikshin who still haven’t come out of her reverie.

Walking around with her camera in hand, Sooyoung turned around to take a photo of the ferris wheel. As she did, a couple who just finished their ride caught her eye as they walked towards her while holding hands. Looking closely at the striking, young lady who looked so familiar, it took Sooyoung a few more seconds to realize that it was Seohyun.

“Oh no...” Looking around frantically for Yoona, Sooyoung exhaled a sigh of relief as she saw her buying cotton candy from a vendor.

“Sooyoung! Look! Candy!” Yoona smiled excitedly as she pointed at the fluffy, cloud-like sweets being prepared by the vendor.

“Yum!...uhm...Why don’t we go to where the roller coaster is?! There’s an awesome view by that side!” Sooyoung smiled weakly pulling Yoona to the exact opposite direction from the ferris wheel.

“What are you talking about, this theme park’s main attraction is the ferris wheel! They said it glows in the dark!” Yoona said excitedly as she pulled Sooyoung in return towards the ferris wheel.

“Yoona, wait-” Sooyoung’s words fell short as Yoona turned around only to come face to face Seohyun and the guy she’s with.

“....” 

“Ms. Yoona! Ms. Sooyoung! What a pleasant surprise!” Seohyun bowed formally at them before turning to the guy she’s with. “This is Yonghwa. Yonghwa, these are Ms. Yoona and Ms. Sooyoung.”

“Pleased to meet you.” Yonghwa said politely said as he shook hands with Sooyoung who was obviously less than comfortable and with Yoona who barely nodded as she forced herself to move her hands.

After a few seconds of awkward silence between the three with the exception of Yonghwa, Sooyoung decided to break the silence after noticing that Yoona’s face is whiter than normal, “W-w-well...uhm...we were just taking pictures for a feature article in a newspaper and....yeah..we have to go sorry. We’ll see you some other time though!”

“Oh I see...Goodbye then!” Seohyun said looking at Yoona confusedly who adamantly refused to look at her as Yonghwa just smiled and waved at them goodbye.

Sooyoung waved back over-enthusiastically while Yoona’s attempt to smile looked more like a grimace than anything else as the couple walked away again holding each others’ hands.

“Maybe they’re just friends?! OR cousins?! I mean, relatives hold hands all the time right?!” Sooyoung babbled on and on trying to think up of every available excuse for Yoona to hold on to as soon as the couple were way beyond out of earshot.

“Yeah...I guess...” Yoona said absentmindedly as she held on tightly on her cotton-candy as if it was the only thing standing between her and her tears.