Chapter 23 part 2

Chapter 23 PART 2

With trembling fingers, Jessica carefully removed the scarf, revealing a deep brown music box intricately carved in gold. Looking at Tiffany who nodded her head with sparkling eyes, Jessica carefully opened the lid and a soothing melody filled the car. Inside the music box stood a princess-like figure and its prince dancing on a circular platform that rotates in accordance to the music. What first caught Jessica’s attention however is a carefully folded piece of paper that fell out as she opened the box. Inside it read,

Dance with me, be my princess forever

‘Cause I’ll be your prince, and I’ll leave you never

Others I’ve shunned yet you’re an exception

Please do forgive this fool’s late confession

Sooyoung <3 

P.S. Cover your eyes with the scarf. Don’t peek okay? ^^

“Sooyoungie...”

Looking at Tiffany, Jessica bit her lip and handed her the scarf so as to cover her eyes. After a few minutes of waiting, the car halted to a stop and Jessica felt herself being gently guided out of the car and into the chill night air. A gentle hand suddenly intertwined with hers and Jessica automatically recognized who it was.

“Did you peek?” Sooyoung’s voice sent chills on Jessica’s neck as another hand held the small of her back.

“What’s all this for?” Jessica said smiling as she held on tighter on Sooyoung’s hand.

“Remember what I asked you this morning?” Sooyoung asked softly as she removed the blindfold and looked at Jessica closely.

“About being game?” Jessica said giggling as she looked around and couldn’t recognize the dark silhouette of her surroundings.

“Tease.” Sooyoung chuckled and held both Jessica’s hands, “If given the chance, would you like me to confess again?”

“What if I said no?” Jessica asked smiling though her voice was trembling slightly.

“Too late for that.” Sooyoung shrugged smirking and clapped thrice.

All at once, a few lights were strategically switched on simultaneously in the buildings in front of them and formed the words “I love you” for all to see. A few seconds later, fireworks suddenly lit up the night sky, forming the very same words in various colors. Too overwhelmed to speak, Jessica threw herself in Sooyoung’s arms and held on tightly trembling through her tears.

“You like it?” Sooyoung asked hopefully, pulling away and wiping Jessica’s tears with her thumb.

“Why all this?” Jessica asked in awe, still tearing up with happiness.

“Because you deserve something better than a rushed “I think I’m in love you” from someone who broke her arm trying to tell you that she really does.” Sooyoung said seriously as she caressed Jessica’s cheek.

“And it took you forever to confess?” Jessica asked slightly pinching Sooyoung’s side.

“That too.” Sooyoung said sheepishly, “I’m really sorry it took me forever to say that to you. I mean, I’m really not an expert on these....”

PICTURES to help you guys imagine ^^

***Beside Sooyoung’s pick-up**

“Mission accomplished!” Sunny clapped as she looked at Sooyoung removing Jessica’s blindfold.