Twenty Three

Andrea

I sat in biology next to Ella. We were given a few handouts to finish as we had a substitute teacher.

"Andrea." She nudges me, causing my eyes to stop scanning my sheet in front of me to look over to her.

"What's up?" I ask, looking at her face. She smirks at me.

"What's up with you are Tyler? Are you two dating?"

That was when I finally realized, I had no idea what me and Tyler were. Yesterday was when everything was cleared up but not at all because we didn't discuss what we were. All we did was confirm feelings. Never titled ourselves or discussed what we were.

"Wanna know what's happened between us?" I ask, watching out the the substitute doesn't mark me down. But honestly the entire class is talking and not doing their work, so I think why the hell not.

She nods her head vigorously and scoots her chair closer to mine.

"Sunday night I was having a rough night.." I didn't wanna go into detail. "So I ran to his house. I was so delirious man.. I kissed him and then I told him I loved him. He kissed me back and said he loved me as well." The look on her face is the face of a girl who got tickets to her favorite bands concert, a girl simply fangirling over the fact that she gets to see her idols preform. This wasn't anything special to her at least. Me and Tyler admit feelings. By how she's reacting, I'm guessing she was waiting for this to happen for a while.

She squeals an flails her hands around. "What the hell! That's like a fan fiction moment right there!" She leans over and hugs me, taking me by surprise.

"I'm so happy for you Andrea." She says excitedly, pulling away. "Did he ask you to be his girlfriend or anything? Have you discussed it?"

"No, I don't know how to bring it up or anything." I sigh, looking down at my desk.

"Just ask him, you guys are so close and open. It won't weird him out at all." Her advice begins to sink in. The more I think of it the more I realize she's right. Tyler is probably just confused as I am.

"Okay, thank you Ella." I nod and smile at her.

The rest of the class and second period go by. I meet Josh, Tyler and Ella in the cafeteria. I sit next to Ella, across from Tyler who is next to Josh. Conversation flows nicely between us all, and Ella can't stop nudging me to talk to Tyler.

I shoot her a glare and smile at the guys who are looking at us with confused expressions. I just innocently smile at them.

"You girls okay?" Josh asks, holding back a laugh.

"Peachy." I reply, giving Ella a final glare before turning my attention back to the guys.

I stretched my legs forward under the table, brushing against Tyler's. His eyes shoot over at me and smirks, brushing mine back. I blush deeply from the touch and look down at the table.

"Are you two okay?" Ella wonders, acting oblivious as she looks between Tyler and myself.

We both stay quiet and laugh, looking down at the table. I'm pretty sure Josh is clueless, and I really think Tyler or Ella should let him know something is going on.

"I'm going to math." I announce. The bell is going to ring in 5 minutes, I don't want to be late.

"I'll go with you." Tyler says nonchalantly, standing up.

"Okay love birds, see you two later!" Ella says, causing Josh to look utterly confused at the 3 of us.

Tyler and I start walking away from them. He places his hand on my lower back.

"Have you told Josh about anything?" I ask, looking back at Tyler.

"No, I wasn't sure if you wanted me too or not."

"You can, he looked so confused." I let out a laugh. He laughs along with me.

We reach my locker and I begin grabbing my materials for math class.

I finish and shut my locker. He pulls me closer to him so my head is nestled into his neck. I inhale his cologne and wrap my free arm around his neck. I wasn't one for PDA but as time goes on I start to not care as much, you know? Tyler was technically mine, I want to show him.

I leave a light kiss on his neck and pull away, smiling up at him. He blushes at the touch and lets out a small laugh.

We walk to my math class, our shoulders bumping each others once and a while.

"I'll see you after." He smiles.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Want to hangout after school?"

"Hmmm." I ponder, totally joking. "I'll see if I'm available."

"I'll be at your locker after school." He laughs. His fingers brush against my cheeks lightly before he walks of in the other direction.

..

After school he stands at my locker as I walk from English.

"What are the plans for today?" I wonder.

"I was thinking we could hangout in the tree house?" He wonders. He already had his bag and jacket on. Along with his hat. I nod and finish up before following him out of the school.

We walk side by side and then I think of an idea. I reach down and intertwine out fingers together. He squeezes my hand and smiles at me.

We walk in silence. It was snowing, so I was just enjoying the silence and the light flurries falling from the grey sky above us.

We reach his street house. He pushes open the latch and we crawl insides. It's rather old but he pulls out the blankets and sleeping bags out of the chest. He slides into a sleeping bag.

"You know here's room for two in here right?" He ask as I unzip the other one.

"Good thinking Mr. Joseph." I chuckle. He holds it open as I crawl inside and lean my body against his. He grabs the blanket and places it over us. We lay there, our heat radiating off us and warming each other up.

"I'm glad you walked into my life Tyler." I mumble, turning my body so we're facing each other.

"Well I'm glad I walked into it in the first place."