Chapter 15: This is The Best Day Ever

Fallyn's POV

~~~

The band only got half an hour to do a soundcheck because the van had gotten stuck in traffic.

Within minutes of us arriving Mikey, Ray and Frank had their guitars Bob was behind his drum kit and Gerard had a microphone in his hand.

I got to sit on stage while they went over some different songs and would occasionally have to stop so the sound tech could fix up any problems.

This fucking amazing, I could die happily just from watching them do a sound check.

Watching them actually perform is probably going to kill me, ironically I can live with that.

It still confused me why Frank thought I could be a guitarist, I'd never be able to do what he could. As I thought this he hammered away on his guitar as if he were on stage in front of their fans right now.

I'd love to be able to play the guitar like he did though.

Even if I didn't like large crowds or most people it'd make me happy to perform songs on a regular basis. Seeing the world while touring, influencing people through my words and saving the lives of those who needed help.

I wanted to do the precise same thing that My Chemical Romance did nearly every day. I might not be able to see the value in my own life but I was able to see the value in others.

Hundreds of kids would hurt themselves or suicide because of the careless words of others who wielded their tongue like a person with an itchy trigger finger and a gun.

I didn't try to kill myself because of the stupid words of a high school bitch who was in dire need of a personality fix and a wet wipe to remove the makeup.

I didn't know anyone to start a band with though.

Well I did know, Gee, Mikey, Ray, Bob and Frank but they were obviously unavailable when it came to forming a band with someone.

I also don't have any skills required to start a band.

There was no chance of me singing, I couldn't play the drums and the only thing I did know how to play was the guitar and that was only a little bit.

I could only play four or five songs, max.

Maybe I should take Franks guitar lessons more seriously.

Or better yet I should tell him that I was considering becoming a guitarist, if I got any better.

The band played the last couple of notes from Hang 'Em High and I clapped while they put down their instruments.

"You guys can stop now. Ten minutes till the doors open and twenty till you're on.

They didn't have a support band tonight and would be going straight on, that's why Gerard had been in such a rush to get everyone here on time.

I followed the band off the stage into the wings as staff came out and set up more amps, speakers and stuff like that.

Frank refused to give anyone Pansy, keeping his guitar with him, afraid that a roadie might drop the much loved object or 'her'.

This is going to be great, if only Katelyn could be here with me...

"I'm so pumped!" I looked at Frank who was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet, it wasn't hard to tell he was charged up to hit the stage and unintentionally hurt everyone.

Frank looked really cute with the bright look on his face and the growing excitement gleaming in his eyes, he noticed me looking at him and gave me a grin, I blushed because I'd been caught staring.