Party excuse

Dora & Wes

"Dora?" Wes whispered to a girl sitting as far from the crowd as socially acceptable as possible. Dora barely looked up before turning her head downwards. "is that- wh- what are you doing here?" he asked surprised.

"Please, Wes, I'm hiding"

Wes giggled. "why?"

"I didn't know you worked as a servant"

"I didn't know you changed subjects so fast" Wes replied.

Dora scoffed.

"my mother forced me here, but I kinda did something socially unacceptable"

Wes laughed

"you have not changed since high school have you Dora?" Dora grabbed her hat with both hands and took it off revealing her spring green hair sliding down her back. "you can't help but stand out" she put the hat back on.

"I just do it to piss off my mom, it rarely helps my case"

"well, I think it's extraordinary"

Dora looked aside in thought.

Wes examined her facial expression.

"Something troubling your mind?"

"I just don't seem to fit in anywhere" Dora always sparked something in Wes and he couldn't really figure out why, they had been friends for a while and Wes had never thought of maybe asking her out.

"Maybe I can help with that" he said and let out a hand. Dora looked up in surprise and curiosity. What on earth could he be talking about? she thought. But she let her curiosity that had gotten her in trouble quite often get the best of her and took Wes's hand. He held it tightly and started sprinting off, making Dora have to hold her hat in place.

They ran to the back of the giant house the party was being held in and into the yard behind the trees where he fell into the grass and Dora followed softly.

Her spring green hair fell right into place, instantly disappearing down into the waves of grass. She looked all around with a smile spread on her face, the only place she had really felt in place, this was something new to her.

She reached for Wes's hand and squeezed tightly and both their mouths spread in a wide grin. Wes ran his fingers through her hair letting the grass come in between the strands of hair.

Wes really liked this color in her hair.

"do you wanna know my favorite color?" Wes asked. He took Dora's smile for a yes. "Green"