Crushing cigarettes in the library

Lena & The little old lady

Lena walked the halls of the library trying to find a book that caught her interest. She gave up after all the book rejected her and sat down in the lobby only occupied by a single soul. She sat down and ignited a cigarette between her lips.

"hello" she heard.

Lena looked to her side and a little old lady met her eyes.

"hi" Lena replied. The little old lady was wearing a simple coat and had white fluffy hair.

"are you waiting for something?" The little old lady asked.

"avoiding something"

"what is it that you avoid?"

"I have an audition in a few hours" she crushed her cigarette " i don't feel right for the part. Someone else should have it" she simply stated.

The little old lady scooted closer.

"no matter where you are from, your dreams are valid"

Lena looked at her, then chuckled.

"why should someone else get it instead of you?" she asked. "you're just as good as them, perhaps better" her voice was sweet and tender and slightly convincing.

Lena felt persuaded and slightly smiled but looking down. Maybe she was right.

"thank you" she blushed.

The little old lady smiled.

"you be off now, you need all the extra practice you can get, no matter how good you are" she added.

Lena smiled and stood up. Before leaving she wanted to get the lady's name. She turned around but she was no longer there.

Where did she go?

Lena left the library without getting the little old lady's name but thankful for the conversation.

Untouchable and undefeated she left the theater a while later.