Photographed

Will & Laila {Fred drives - Devonte hynes} photo from createmyworld

He looked at her as through a lens. Sharpening his eyes on each detail. Hoping her image would stay forever in his mind.

"It won't have too because i'll always be here" She said grinning. He loved taking photos of her, silently hoping to catch her aura, her breaths, her laughs. But no image could do that.

It wasn't until she wasn't there anymore that he got to know the empty feeling of having no one there.

He walked around without a large piece of his soul he hadn't noticed he'd given away to a person who was now gone.

"Will" his mother had whispered. "Will"

He ignored her, pretending to be asleep on the couch he lay that belonged to his parents. He heard her lay something down on the table next to him.

As he awoke in the middle of the night he reached out for the familiar object on the table. The ON button seemed irresistible.

Photos flooded his mind, of her. But only of her. He then discovered that he didn't need to catch her aura nor laughs or her breaths. It was all her. Everything he so desperately wanted to catch was there the whole time. Now years had passed but the same feeling came over him. A feeling of satisfaction, for she had been in his life and that made him contended.

All though all he had of her were photos, he didn't feel as lonely. He hoped she was somewhere that made her glad. He hoped she was somewhere she'd be overjoyed and take photos of things she loved. If he'd have a chance, he'd take a photo of her for the last time, just to know that the only thing needed in a photo was her, and nothing more.