CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - The perks of the Christmas spirit

Nevy & Ollie

Ollie was surprised to hear a knock at the door. Despite his wonder he opened the door. Greeting him was a tree.

tree? a tree with legs wearing stockings and a pair of red holiday shoes.

Ugh, the holidays Ollie thought to himself.

He stood in the door with his brow raised questionably. Suddenly a head stuck from the side of the tree, it was Nevy. He had never seen anyone smile as bright as Nevy did.

"How come you love Christmas so much?"

"My name literally means snow.... how can I not love Christmas?" she sang. "don't answer that question" Nevy added because she knew Ollie would have a perfect answer to that. Ollie didn't like Christmas all that much, no one knew why but since Nevy had heard she knew she had to infect him with the Christmas spirit, even if it took a few Christmases.

"So, is the spirit of Christmas gonna let me in?" she asked him. He backed away and let her into his apartment. She hopped inside and looked around. "where should I put it?" Nevy asked suggesting to the tree.

"Oh, the trash is just under the sink" he pointed. Nevys face became sour. Ollie only watched as she trotted and placed the tree in front of the sofa. She took off her mittens and scarf and looked pleased at the tree. She turned around and Ollie was mischievous.

Nevy pulled out a sparkly string from her pocket and gave some to Ollie.

"Let's decorate it"

Ollie scoffed as Nevy threw off her coat and began to place the decorations on the tree. Ollie tried to resist the smile that threatened to form on his face, although he couldn't stand Christmas there was nothing more pleasing than seeing Nevy so overjoyed. No decoration shun as bright as Nevy that Christmas eve.

They took a few steps from the tree and took in it's magnificence as Nevy called it. Suddenly a cat came from between Ollie's legs and began rubbing against the tree.

"See! even your cat loves Christmas!" she said cheerfully.

"it's bent" Ollie stated scowling.

"hey! I went through a lot of trouble to chop down that tree" Nevy's face was glazed.

"you chopped down that tree?" Ollie emphasized on the you.

"Well ,no but it was hard getting it into the car" she revealed. "oh, I almost forgot something" Nevy added. She went into her pocket and then grabbed a hold of something then threw her hand in the air and little flickers of glitter drifted through the air and landed on the tree.

Ollie chuckled and Nevy was contaminated by the laughter. They sat down with the sofa to their backs and relaxed. They looked at each other, and suddenly Ollie's cat joined them, with a mistletoe hanging from it's mouth.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" Nevy asked. Ollie wanted to tell her how the tree was nothing compared to her.

"For the sake of the spirit of Christmas" Ollie whispered and their lips met. He caressed her cheek and he could feel her eyelashes flicker, a feeling he wanted to feel more often. The mistletoe suddenly fell on top of their head and they separated in laughter.

Maybe it wouldn't take that many Christmases to make Ollie see that Christmas wasn't all that bad.

(Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you're surrounded by people you love and have the most magical Christmas!)