What's the plan?

We were sat in the room, when Jack walked in. We all stood up in shock, as his breathless state looks between us and Lauren in the hospital bed. Its been a week since we got told she was in a coma, and nothing new has happened since.

"What are you doing here, Jack?" George asks backing away slightly.

"Brody had said to me that after you guys had left for Paris, Lauren was in a coma" Jack explains, "he said that you guys were here today."

"How did he know?" Brooke and Jake sneer at the same time.

"Through Elyshia" Jack answers pointing towards me.

"Elyshia" everyone groans.

"Hey, its not my fault he can get into my mind" I defend holding up my hands, "he can just waltz in and out whenever he likes."

"How is she?" Jack asks nodding towards Lauren, motionless on the hospital bed.

"Okay, nothing major, the doctors are just trying to figure out what made her go into this coma" Chloe replies turning her head to Lauren.

"May I?" Jack questions pointing to the empty chair next to her bed.

"Go ahead" Owen answers scratching his neck awkwardly. Jack goes and sits in the chair, he grabs Lauren's hand and whispers somethings into her ear.

Come outside.

"I'm going to stand outside for a moment" I whisper Joe and he just nods, staring intently at Jack and Lauren.

I walk outside the room and see Brody leaning against the wall. I go and sit on the chair next to him. I know I said that I never wanted to see him again but I needed him to bring Jack so he knew what was happening. "Thank you for bringing him" I say quietly breaking the silence.

"I would have gone in but when Jack had told them about me telling him and their reply, I thought it was best if I stayed out here" he replies rubbing his face.

"What I said in the hotel -"

"Don't" Brody snaps, "it's not your fault, my vampire side got the best of me and I caused you and Niklaus to break up. I really regret that, but seeing you happy with him kills me."

"What are you saying?" I answer looking up to him, to see him quickly wipe his eyes.

"Nothing" he covers up, "when I see you with another guy, as you are my blood partner, it sets the pain off in my heart. Which I've never felt before."

I make a small 'o' shape with my mouth but smile to myself as I know what he's feeling. I just don't want to tell him until it's the right time.

"So what happens now?" I ask standing up.

"You are going to not tell anyone I was here, go back inside that hospital room and be that smart, amazing girl you always are" Brody replies giving me a cheeky smile.

I laugh as a small tear escapes my eye, I wipe it and smile slightly at him. "And what about you?"

"I am going to go back to my normal business and plan some good things for me" he says rubbing his hands together.