The Ebner Woods Wolf

"Just tell me honey, it's not like he's human or anything." She smiled jokingly.

"But he is." I looked down. And when I looked up again. ..........she froze.

******************

Her face was blank for a little while. An all she did was stare like someone had slapped her in the face. She would look like she was going to speak but then would change her mind. The kitchen grew quiet. "What's going on?" My dad asked coming from the hall.

"You two should probably sit down." I told them.

"Okay, is something wrong?" One parent down one to go. I looked up at him as he sat down. "What is it Jenna, did you have a bad day?"

My mother didn't say a word she was in shock. "No dad, I had a good day it's just " I paused again.

"Was it Clark?" Again with the Clark. I know he's teased me ever since fifth grade because I matured, but I couldn't stand my parents thinking that was the reason I didn't like school.

"No dad, we got a new kid today." I answered him.

"And how is that a bad thing?" He questioned.

"He's a human." My mom finally spoke, not looking up from the table. My dad sat there with the same face my mom had of confusion.

"What is he doing in Ebner?" He looked into my eyes.

"I don't know" I said. "But he's all alone and if Clark ever got him it would turn out very bad and you know that."

"Oh god, what should we do?" My mother gasped.

"We should inform the council." He concluded. We sat there as they agreed at the thought.

"But he's just a kid, he's my age and he's human. Dad what would happen if the council got a hold of him."I raised my voice something I would never do to my parents.

"They would take care of it." My mom tried.

"Yeah, they would kill him and his family to take this town back to where it used to be. A town full of werewolfs yea that's normal.

"You don't understand. Jenna I am one of the council members." He pleaded.

"No you don't understand, this is wrong he needs to be protected." Louder my voice grew. "And I'm not going to sit and let the council deal with it. I will protect him myself."

"Go to your room!" My father growled furious.

"Gladly" I barked back as I ran up the stairs. "There's too much stupid in one room!"