Chapter 16

I apologize in advance for the point of view skipping.  Please continue:)

~Ashlee💕

3rd P.O.V.

"It was fun playing with you, Mako, but I must be going." The pureblood states.

Mako looks up at him in surprise. "Where will you be going?"

"I told Yamada that I'd check out one of the scenes to see how the vampire hunter's progress is going." He says standing up and swinging on his black trench-coat. "It's doubtful that they've found anything, but Yamada was right in a sense. I can't let them mess up my plans."

"I suppose that's fine. I should be going as well, April will be missing me." Mako says, standing up as well.

The Pureblood smiles. "Yes, go to your wife. Tell her I said hello."

Mako nods. "I will." Then Mako's eyes train on the vampire. "What about you?"

"What about me?" The curly-haired vampire asks.

"When will you be getting a wife to extend your bloodline?"

The Pureblood smirks. "Soon."

Mako raises an eyebrow but his companion doesn't explain any farther. Instead the Pureblood bids his comrade farewell and swiftly leaves.

With the Pureblood's speed and cunning it takes him only a short while to arrive at one of his most recent crime scenes.

A cruel grin decorates his handsome face. I remember slaughtering the family in this house.

Images of horror and bloodshed flow through his mind from only nights before.

His grin widens before he shakes the good memories out of his head in order to focus.

The Pureblood can sense the hunters inside and stays a fair distance away so they don't sense him. However, the distance is no problem with his sharpened senses.

Patiently, the vampire climbs a tall tree and sits on one of its thick limbs, the leaves concealing him from any onlookers.

Patience is indeed a virtue. Things come to those who know when to wait. And when to attack....

〰〰〰
Hitomi's P.O.V.

"This is another waste of time, isn't it." My statement is more like a fact than a question.

"Not necessarily." Kaien answers, studying blood stains on the dining room's tablecloth. "There's always a chance for anything. That's why we have to search every house thoroughly." For a moment a childish frown mars his face. "Though it is boring."

I roll my eyes, but even I agree. Not only is this boring, but frustrating as well. We can't move on in this case without any leads, it's impossible.

"Should we start studying the book more?" Kaien suggest, picking his way carefully over the broken shards of pottery that litter the floor.

Just the thought of pouring endlessly over that oversized tome again is enough to give me a serious migraine.

"No." I say.  "It won't do us any good."