Chapter 6

I dedicate this chapter to all who stuck around with me since One Hell of a Maid, through WANTED, and now to here. Thanks guys! Also a big thank you for all my new readers. I hope you guys all enjoy this story! ^_^

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰

I'm not startled or surprised from this piece of information.  But still....it is more than unnerving.  I keep these emotions pinned down.  They are unneeded, but all emotions are.

"How do you figure?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest nonchalantly.

"I've felt like we've been being followed for awhile now but they were keeping their distance, so I only got flickers of feeling from them. I was proved correct when we were cornered and attacked in the field tonight. But that's not all."

"Get on with it." I say with a wave of my hand.

There's no reason for him to be all suspenseful about it.

Kaien nods. "The people that have found out about us digging our noses into this case are pure bloods." As Kaien talks my fingernails dig deeper and deeper into the flesh of my forearm. "They're probably the ones who did this all. E's aren't very smart, they almost never retreat from a fight unless ordered to. The level Es we faced, Hitomi, were under control by their pure blood master."

By now I've drawn blood from where my fingernails press. I drop my hands to my sides, hiding the marks.

"They're just testing us now." Kaien says. "But soon they may just send a full on attack to bury their tracks."

I shake my head, my expression grim. "No. All they are going to do is mess with us. If we, no, when we crack this case, that is when they'll kill us. Pure blood bastards are always looking for new entertainment. And we're their new favorite show."

"That's not the case with all pure bloods, though." Kaien says. "Some have different agendas."

Not the one that's causing all of this. All they want in life is to see the world drown in blood by their own hand or rather fangs.  However, I don't say this out loud.  Like my boss, Tskune Makishima said, I need to have proof.

It's funny though. I'm sure that if Kaien thought he knew who it was they'd have hunters hunt down the vampire or vampires immediately.

"I guess you're right." I shrug my shoulders. "But if that's it we should be getting to sleep. I want to be up early tomorrow so we can get a good start. Then we can look at the book my Aunt lent us."

"Sounds good to me!" Kaien beams, showing off his white teeth.

"Good."

At least he doesn't make an argument out of this. I was afraid he'd start bouncing off the walls and yelling, "I DON'T WANNA!"
That's what Aunt Yumi's boys do. Eri isn't much better though.

She becomes extremely hyper and gives the puppy dog eyes. It's a good thing Aunt Yumi watches her or else she'd end up staying up all night. Apparently puppy dog eyes is my weakness.  Some weakness.

"Goodnight." I bid, turning on my heel to escape to my small bedroom.

Kaien's voice is like nails screeching on a chalkboard. "Wait, where do I sleep?"