Chapter 2 | Heartbeat

Devin was so beautiful. I couldn't get over it. He was very feminine, so I'd like to hope that he'd gay. There's plenty of straight men that are chick-ish. Having better makeup skills than any girl I've met doesn't automatically mean he's gay. Fuck I hope he is though, because I'd like to take him out on a date. Okay, let's be honest, I've already planned our wedding in my head. I really like him. I'm probably just setting myself up for heartbreak though.

He was pretty soft spoken for a tour guide. Perhaps that's just because he's leading around one person versus a whole group. He stayed very close to me, but I wasn't complaining. He smelled like fresh cut roses, and his breath was sweet like he had been eating angel food cake. Devin first lead me from the employees area to the lobby.

"Have you been here before?" He softly asked.

"To visit Chris and Ange, but I honestly haven't walked through many of the exhibits." I nervously chuckled.

Devin glanced at my lips for a second and copied my smile as he returned his eyes to mine. "That's okay. I'll be happy to show you around. I don't have a tour scheduled until noon. The other tour guide is here anyways."

"I understand if you need to get back to work." I said.

"I want to spend time with you." He blurted out, then looked away with a blush, "Um, I mean... I-I look forward to getting to know you. You seem like a nice person."

"You too." I smiled, "So, where do we start?"

He smirked and whispered, "I prefer the bottom." Devin winked at me and my cheeks instantly flushed. He just went from innocent cute piece of pie to Devil's food cake. He giggled as he backed up from me to give me some space. "There's three levels to the museum. The first one here is the more family friendly stuff, for the kids. Then the other two are the actual horror exhibits."

"Which do you like better?" I asked as we began to walk.

"Hmm, that's a though choice. I love horror, but on this floor we do have Batman villains, and Tim Burton characters." Devin spoke, turning us down a hallway. "The Burton exhibit is to the right here."

I'll admit, I feel like a shitty friend that I've never looked much at the exhibits. Whenever I do have time to see Chris and Angelo, I meet them for coffee or something of that nature. I do regret it now though because even just the first exhibit I'm shown, I'm amazed by.

Set on white podiums, there were glass cases with clay models of Jack Skellington, Sally, Victor Van Dort, and Victoria Everglot. Another much longer glass case, which was set into the wall, encased a miniature replica of Halloweentown. A cloth model of Zero was suspended from the ceiling, and resting on a raised platform under it was a similarly made Frankenweenie. Paintings of the Queen of Hearts, Lydia Deetz, and Barnabas Collins hung on the wall, and manikins displayed costumes from Burton's Batman movie.

There was so much more to take in that I couldn't even begin to list. However, by far the most impressive was the life size models. These are what this museum is famous for, or so I've heard. Not one detail was spared on these things. They were creepily real looking. This exhibit in particular displayed models of The Mad Hatter, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, and Willy Wonka. They were captivating to look at.

"Pretty amazing, huh?" Devin mused as he sauntered around the whimsically colored room.

"Yeah," I gawked. My eyes fell on him, thinking once again how gorgeous he was. "I could think of something more amazing though." I murmured.

"Huh?" He asked, staring me down harmlessly with those crystal eyes.

"Nothing." I replied. It was stupid and I'm glad he didn't hear me.