Chapter 21 | Wedding Bells

As a goth man whose makeup melts off in the summer, I highly appreciated Angelo and Chris having a winter wedding. Chris didn't want a bachelor party. He never was the party type in the first place, so it didn't surprise me. It made me feel like a pretty shitty best man though. What exactly am I supposed to do other than organize the bachelor party? Emotional support, I guess? Well, and I'm supposed to hold the rings until the wedding. With the amount of times my apartment has been broken into, we agreed it was best if he kept them with him.

Of course there was that fucking best man speech. I've thought over topic points to say but I think I'll just wing it. I tend to do better when I ramble than when I try to write a speech, honestly. Making shit up on the fly is how I got through most of high school. Considering I have to provide moral support all day and be with Chris, Devin agreed to just meet me at the venue. I wish I could've made a whole thing out of it with him and taken him. It is what it is though.

"Fuck fuck fuck." Chris grumbled to himself as he was straightening out the collar of his tux.

"Nervous?" I asked.

He glared at me out of the corner of his eye, "No. I'm pacing and cursing because I'm calm as a fucking lake." He deadpanned.

I chuckled, "Good to know." I pushed myself off the wall and walked over to him. He was stressing himself out too much to tie his tie properly. So, I started to do it for him as I talked, "You don't need to be nervous. It's just Angelo. The same person you've woken up to and fallen asleep next to for the last eight years. How's seeing him today any different?"

"Don't say that. Don't say it's 'just' Angelo because he's better than that." Chris pressed his hand over his chest, "He is the one this heart still beats for. If it weren't for him, it would've withered up and died years ago. He's got a smile as bright as the sun, beauty greater than the moon, and eyes as blue as the ocean. He's amazing, and I'm just some piece of shit that he thinks is worth something. He fooled himself on that one so much I think he even fooled me into believing it."

"Don't talk like that. You know he would never marry you if you were a piece of shit. Guys like Dixon, those are the guys that deserve to be called pieces of shit. You might have your days but you're a good man and he loves you more than anything in this world. And I'm sure he misses you right now. So, just keep reminding yourself that the closer you get to walking down the isle, the closer you are to making him happy again."

Chris leaned his back on the wall, sighing as he dropped his head back too. "You're a really sappy shit. You know that?"

I laughed as I was watching out the window. A taxi pulled up and out stepped the most gorgeous being I've ever set my eyes on. "I guess when you find the right person, you get a little mushy."

He wondered over to see what I was staring at. Chris rolled his eyes, "Why the fuck are you wasting your time with me? You get your girl."

I was hoping he'd say something like that. Chris just smiled at me as I rushed to catch Devin downstairs. I know I should be being a good best man, but I wanted to be a good boyfriend too. I pushed open the front door just as Devin was walking up the steps.

He was dressed in this tight red velvet dress that went down to his feet. A nice, long, sexy slit went up one side. Underneath, he had those fucking fishnets on. I swear he's just trying to get me to loose all control on him in public. The neckline was actually pretty high but his fake boobs were still very present. At least he wore flats because I've already got enough of a height problem.

"Wow." I gasped as I watched the snow fall into his hair. He looked up at me with those beautiful grey eyes. "You look fucking gorgeous."

Devin blushed, "Thank you. You look very handsome today too."

I held the door open for him. Once he stepped in the building, I took his coat from him and hung it in the closet in the entrance. He found a mirror in the hall and started to clear himself of snow. I still couldn't get over how beyond gorgeous he looked. How'd I get so lucky? Now I know how Chris felt. I'm just some loser that can't afford the fucking roof over my head. This amazing, wholehearted person actually sees me for who I am and not who I could be.

"I want to kiss you so badly but I don't want to ruin your makeup." I said.

He laughed sarcastically, "Baby, don't worry. This shit isn't budging."

"Really?" I asked as he wrapped one of his arms over my shoulder.

"When you're as savage as I am, you can't worry about your makeup getting ruined." He replied so matter-of-factly.

I shrugged, "Whatever means I can kiss your sweet lips." Carefully, I stole a kiss from my angel. I was still worried about crying up his makeup because it was so perfect.

Devin glanced down as we parted, "Hey, you wore a red tie."

"You told me to." I responded.

He smiled so blissfully, "It's nice to have a man that listens to me."

"Babe, you could tell me to jump off a bridge and I would do it if it would make you happy."

"I..." He paused, seeming unsure of what he was about to say, "I adore you."

I know I said that to him the other night too. The reason why I said it was because I wanted to say "I love you" but I knew it was too soon. Was that the same reason he did it? Fuck, I don't know. I wish I did. Love takes patience. I'm not a patient person. I've never felt this happy with anyone else but I'm also cautious of what the future may hold. Would it be too soon to say it? Yeah, probably.

| | |

Chris and Angelo were both so nervous leading up to the ceremony. The second they saw each other at that alter, they were fine. Angelo did look even more beautiful today than he usually does. In his namesake, he always did look like an angel. Today, though, his Heavenly glow radiated brighter than I've ever seen it. They were both so fucking happy and I was beyond happy for them.

Of course, you know Chris. He couldn't help himself from making that first marital kiss very dramatic. He wrapped his arms around Angelo's waist and dipped him over. Romance like theirs is so hard to find. It made me feel hope that Devin and I could be that close someday. Right now, I know we're just in the honeymoon phases of our relationship. It'll pan out soon, but when it does, I can only hope we'll stay happy with one another.

Chris and Ange had their first dance to "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". Those two cheesy fucks. The first few songs were just mindless dance songs for people to party to. When a HIM song came on, I couldn't help myself from asking Devin to dance with me. He took my hand and happily dragged me to the dance floor. It was "Your Sweet Six Six Six" which wasn't exactly a slow song but we enjoyed ourselves.

"I didn't know you could dance so well." I spoke to him as I pulled him closer.

"Oh, Honey," He purred, "I've got a lot of moves you don't know about."

Did he seriously just say that? I loved it but I was shocked. Thinking back to how shy he was when we first met. I'm not sure how shy he really is. I think he was just being suppressed by his boyfriend at the time. I'm going to make sure he shines under my love and protection. I won't ever push him into a corner.