Chapter 6 | Boss Man

This place, as crazy as it might sound, starts to grow on you. It's been a week since I started working here. I've made friends with the exhibits that I've dared to visit. To be completely honest, I prefer the masked murderers over the other murderers. There's a nature to them that they're just misunderstood. Kind of like me. Most of them are quiet and keep to themselves, just like me too.

Obviously what's on the first floor is the more family friend villains. I've made friends with the majority of them because they are the least likely to snap at me, with the acceptation of the multiple Jokers. Luckily the majority of them are in glass cases. Only one figurine will be in the open at a time. They rotate which one is out. They all are an equal pain in my ass.

I've dared to visit some of the other exhibits. The clowns and vampires share a wing, and none of them are nearly as bad as I thought they would. Shockingly the vampires just sit around talking culture, like they're a book club or some shit. The creatures on the third floor, and the aliens on the second I just lock the fuck up. I'm not dealing with that shit. Ange might be able to walk in there like it's a pet store full of puppies, but not me.

Now, I've been avoiding entering a few exhibits. I watch them through the security cameras and that's e-fucking-nough for me. That would be the east and west wings of the second floor. Of which, contains the demons, ghosts, children, and dolls. The fucking dolls. They are so goddamn creepy. The new exhibit will be going in tomorrow though. I know I need to make friends with what's currently here, because the new villains will be an adjustment for the whole museum. Not just me.

From what Angelo told me, each exhibit has grown to have a sort of monarch or leader. For Burton's, it's Sweeney. For the murderers, it tends to be Hannibal Lecter, and the masked murderers it's usually Ghostface just because he's the one that talks the most. It's that way for every exhibit, and the one who has reins of the dolls exhibit... Is a character that scared the shit out of me as a child. Not going to lie. And who runs the aliens exhibit is someone that scares me now.

Despite the fact that I haven't gone into the demons exhibit, I have met Hellboy. That's why I'm not too scared of going in there. He's a pretty decent guy. The ghosts, now they're a real dynamic bunch. Lead up by that bartender from The Shining. I guess they aren't all that bad. I mean Slimer is in there and the worst he ever did in Ghost Busters was eat too much. When it comes to the kids, I'm not a fan of the non-demonic human ones! I don't want to go in there.

Chris is stopping through tonight. He understands my concern about the new exhibit and hopefully will help me talk to the others about it. I haven't seen him interact with them. I really do wonder if he's as loving as Angelo. I doubt it, to be completely frank.

Speaking of Frank, his little dog butt wiggled over to me as he greeted me. I felt uneasy being here, in with all the aliens. They stare at me like a piece of meat.

"Congrats on making it through your first week." He said as he pawed at me.

I snit a laugh, "Yeah, thanks to you and Angelo. Sorry I haven't come to visit yet but, I was a little hesitant to walk into a room full of aliens."

"Follow me. I'll introduce you to everyone." Frank trotted over to the cases along the wall, "We'll start with the guys in the cases. First we got ol' blobby. Then, one of the pod people. We call him Jim. This is The Thing. This erm, lovely lady is doesn't have a name aside from "alien from Independence Day" so I call her Susan. This dude is a Martian from War of the Worlds, we named him Martin."

"Isn't that one a little over obvious?" I teased him.

"Hey, we do the best we can here." He responded, "Most aliens don't get names aside from just alien."

"Fraaaaank!" One of the small worm men things from Men In Black greeted him like a frat boy. "Who's this dude?"

"New security guy I was telling you about. His name's Ricky. Man has a lot to do tonight so he can't talk." Frank continued prancing along the exhibit.

The giant ass plant from Little Shop of Horrors greeted him as he passed, "S'up Frank."

"Yo." He responded, giving him a fist bump.

Well.. Fist.. Paw... Vine... Same thing. We kept walking until we were at the darker part of the exhibit. There were much more terrifying creatures here. Watching me. Staring, with dead eyes. We passed by the Queen Xenomorph, who was suspended from the ceiling. We finally reached the pack of the exhibit, where a bunch of the female characters are displayed. Alice from Transformers, Sil from Species, Eve from Species II, and so on. They were all sitting around with the being obviously in charge here. Predator.

"This is the boss man

"This is the boss man." Frank said, sitting down. "Predator, this is the new security guard, Ricky."

All I received was that weird noise he makes. I looked down at Frank, asking, "Translation?"

"He said it's nice to meet you. Except in a more formal war lord-y way."

I nodded, "I see. Well, I've come here to let you know, the forth floor will be getting finished tomorrow. They're going to put in the new exhibits. I know little about them, so it's going to be a learning experience for all of us. I just wanted you aware."

Frank then translated his response, "He said thank you and if you need any help from him to let him know."

"Okay... Thanks. I have to go now..."

Hesitantly, I backed out of the room. I just had a causal conversation with fucking Predator. I'm not sure if that fact is fucking awesome or fucking terrifying. As I left the exhibit, saying my goodbye to Frank, my phone buzzed. Glancing down at it, I saw Chris had text me he was on his way up. Good, that means I don't have to go into the dolls exhibit alone, because I am really now looking forward to... Him..

| | |

We're back with this story and the initial update sucks 💁🏻 So, who do you think Ricky's afraid of?