Chapter 16

Eren's p.o.v

Hehe, I'm seeing levi today. I haven't in a week because of school work just piling up..not my fault.

Since Christmas is coming up I'm taking him out on Christmas Eve, I know Christmas is his birthday though, but my parents like having me at home, shame.

Before I got to the hospital I went to the store to get some food for my lunch. I only got a cheese sandwich with crisps, I got Levi some pocky...well for us. In there I saw Jean, haven't really seen him since he nearly drowned Levi at the party.

"Hey Eren, long time no see." He smiled grinningly towards me.

"You gonna apologise yet for almost drowning Levi?" I turned and put a hand on my hip.

"Already did after it happened, don't hold on to this forever Eren to get what you want." I grabbed something of the shelf and walked away.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered as I followed my head, shamefully.

//
I got back into my car and sat there. All these situations ran through my head, not from Jean, they just came..

I need to face reality... I need to tell Levi that I...

I then slapped my face to snap my out of my daze. I started my car and began driving.

Honestly..every time I go to the hospital it kills me...it kills me walking in that front room. It kills me entering Levi's room, somedays I can't do it, knowing he's slipping away from me..and at any moment he won't say he loves me anymore..

I got to the hospital and before I got to Levi's room I was stopped by Hanji in the hallway.

"Eren, I need to talk to you.." She spoke. "Come with me please." She took me to her office.

"What's this about?" I asked as I took a seat as she did as well.

"Levi's condition..." She answered.

I tensed up and gripped on to the side of the chair. "What about it..?"

"He won't tell you this, I know he probably won't..." He started. "His body is shutting down fast...at some point he will not be able to do anything, like walk, move un helped or eat properly.."

"Right...how soon till this sets in..?" Damn it!

"Few weeks, maybe more.. He knows this effects to come.. Also, if he doesn't find a donor soon, he'll be put in the intense care unit..and it's not looking like that'll be anytime soon.."

"I don't know if I can do this..I don't think I can put on a brave face and tell him everything's gonna be okay when it clearly isn't!" I gasped. He gritted my teeth and hands together.

"Eren-"

"I love him so much! I can't sit back and watch him die! It might be better if I'm not around to anyway.."

"Don't say that Eren. You listen to me, no matter how bad it gets you will stay by him,  if you love him then you will! Don't give him false hope of you leaving, I know you don't want to and he doesn't want you to either. Don't drag him alone if you can't do it.."

"But-"

"Not buts, you either stay in his life and smile or leave and never see him again.. It's the only choices.."

She's right. I can't lead him on then disappear into nowhere. I need to make a decision that I'll regret the most. I'll stay...I don't care how bad it gets, I'll stay by his bedside until he's better to walk out those doors to never come back, I'll be there...no matter what it takes.

"I'll stay by him." I lifted my head and smiled. "Of course I will."

"Good, now go to him.." She nodded her head to the door. I got up and left.

I went to his room. He was there with his laptop on his lap watching something.

"Hey Levi, you feeling good today?" I asked, put on a brave face Eren.:you can do it.

"Eren. We need to talk.." He spoke up while closing his laptop.

"What's that then?" I smiled towards him.

"I think we should break up."