Chapter 30

Erens p.o.v

"News on what?" I yawned again.

She took out a folder from under her arm and opened it up. She swallowed hard and was shaking.
"Levi Ackerman..born 25th of December 1997..."

"Hanji..?" I quietened down.

"D-died the 28th of March 2016..at 11:30 at night.." She spoke...

My eyes widened and my breathing slowed down. I sat there frozen from those words. "He's dead...?" I looked up..

She slowly nodded her head. I got up of the chair and began to make my way to his room. "No Eren you can't go in-"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" I screamed my heart out and began punchy the wall as hard as I could. "Levi!" I Cried as I smacked my head against it.

"Eren calm down.." Hanji placed her hands on my shoulder. I then fell to the floor and cried in a ball with some blood splatters around me..

-------------

Levi died that night. Around half 10 he went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing. Hanji and the doctors did everything they could but he wouldn't respond..They declared his death at half 11... His heart just stopped.

I wanted to be with him, I wanted to be with him when it happened! Why did I need to fall asleep! I'll never forgive myself.

My hands were bandaged up from the punches and there was a plaster on my head.

"Eren." Hanji came out of his room. "You can see him now if you want.."

I nodded slowly and got up. The room was bright and warm. I looked at his bed and there was a sheet over him.. I walked up beside the bed. I gripped on to the sheet and began to slide it back..my hand was shaking so badly.

I took a deep breath and pull it back. I looked down at his white lifeless body laying on his back. "He looks so small..." I smiled weakly.

"The good thing is he didn't die in pain...." Hanji spoke behind me.

I took a seat on the bed and scooped him up into my arms for a hug. He was still warm, he just looked like he was sleeping...I wish he could hug me back. "I'm sorry Levi....I'm sorry I wasn't there at the time it..happened.." I put my hand on his head and held it to my chest. "E-Erens here.."

"Please just..wake up Levi. You can't be gone yet..it's not your time...I know I said I'll be alright...but I don't know if I will be.." I sniffled. "I love you, God I love you so much a-and I'm sorry for all the mistakes I made, but you were the best thing that happened in my life...I don't know what I'm gonna do now.."

I held him back so he laid in my arms like a baby. "You're so beautiful Levi.."

"Eren, is there someone you want me to call for you...?" Hanji asked. "Your parents? A close friend?"

"No it's okay...I'll  just stay here for a while.." I said as I stroked his face.

"Well actually we need to get him to the morgue as soon-"

"Hanji! My husband and love of my life just died! I WOULD LIKE SOMETIME WITH HIM! if that's alright?!!!" I snapped.

"Alright.." She whispered.

"Why aren't you crying? You loved him too right?!" I asked.

"I can't show physical emotion towards a patient while a work..it's part of the job.." I gave in and left me alone..