Chapter 27

🚫 Don't play video yet 🚫

Erens p.o.v

I waited all night in the hospital watching Levi sleep. Hanji did shout at me...for taking him without telling her first. She told me...he's getting weaker and weaker by the day...soon he won't be able to do anything without strength..I didn't notice that he was getting thinner so much thinner as the weeks past, he's not eating properly..and I didn't even notice! I'm totally husband of the year aren't I?! I don't understand why he didn't tell me..I would of listened to him!

"Eren,it's 3am why don't you go home and get some rest..?" Hanji said poking her head into the room.

"No...I'll rest when I know he's going to be ok..." I ended my sentence with a yawn.

"Well why don't you sleep here instead of waiting up, I'm sure he'll wake up in the morning."she then disappeared.

"Yea.." I yawned again. I watched Levi's heart rate monitor beep peacefully and I slowly began to close my eyes and drift of to sleep. As I laid my head on his bed.

-------

The next morning, I was awakened by a hand on my head ruffly my hair. I lifted my head of the bed and looked up. Levi was awake and gently smiling at me.

"Oh thank god you're alright." I squeezed hand and kissed it.

"I'm sorry you had to see that.." He whispered.

"It's fine, don't worry about it!" I patted his head. He just laid there looking pale and thin..

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't eating..?" He asked him with sympathy.

"Because I didn't want to worry you...I just couldn't keep anything down so there was no point to getting..." He whispered.

"But you'll get better, you'll fight this and you'll get fit and healthy.." I tested up.

Levi then squeezed my hand as tight as he could. "Actually Eren...I think it's time.."

"Time for what..? Breakfast?" I said looking at my watch.

"No...it's time to go.." He weakly smiled.

"What are you talking about..?" I squeezed his hand back harder.

"My time is up...it's time to go.." He smiled with tears falling from his eyes.

"N-no of course it isn't! Don't be stupid you're going to be fine." I gasped in tears.

I took my hand and started to stroke his head. "I'm ready Eren...I'm not scared anymore.." He sniffled.

"Don't be stupid...you're not ready m-don't say things like that!" I gasped in anger. I got up from my chair and stood before him laying on the bed.

"Eren please.." I tried to sit up but struggled.

"Tch." I then went over and help him sit up. "If it's because of you health stage now and you don't want me to see you like this, I'm fine with it." I said bluntly.

He let out a large sigh. "Eren..I'm ready to go...can't you see that..?"

"Yes I clearly do, and I'm against it clearly! When I give you the transplant on the 30th it will be all over!"

"And if you die? I would never forgive myself if that happened, so I don't want it!" He yelled.

"Levi." I rubbed my forehead with my fingers. "We went through this at Christmas. I'm giving you the transplant and that's it. If I die, then oh well, at least you'd be better for once in your life! You could see the world better!"