Chp.1

AN: Heyyy! This is my first story on wattpad, and I've been working really hard on it, sooo I hope you enjoy it. Please COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE.

**************************

"AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER! WE KNEW EVERY LINE. NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER, HOW IT GOES, BUT I KNOW THAT I WON'T FORGET HER!" I sang along to the catchy song, dancing wildly around in my room. I'm pretty sure my singing resembled the sound of a dying walrus, but I didn't care. The song was getting to my favorite part, when Zayn hits that high note. I was just about to join him, when I tripped over my own foot, falling to the ground- hard.

"Shit." I hissed, getting up while rubbing my butt, "That's gonna leave a bruise."

'Real smooth, Kay.' My wolf mocked in my mind.

'Shut up.' I responded.

I put an end to my dancing, and finished getting ready for school. There was only one high school around here- Alna, Maine. It was a pretty small town so that was expected. I was dressed in my favorite grey crop sweater, black leggings, and a pair of combat boots. I pulled my long blonde hair back into a pony tail, and used eyeliner to create cat eyes on my lids. It brought out my blue eyes. I nodded, satisfied with my appearance. I was about to grab my bag and head out of my room, when my bedroom door opened.

There, leaning against the door frame was my brother, Ryan, "What was that loud thud?"

"Oh, you know, just the sound of my dignity falling, then breaking into tiny pieces." I shrugged..

Ryan chuckled, "Please, Kay. You know that you didn't have any to begin with."

I walked up, and punched him in the arm, "Thanks, asshole."

He smirked, "I didn't come up here to chat," He said, pushing himself off the frame, "Dad wants you to come down stairs." He then walked off.

I sighed, then began my trek downstairs. I stopped in the kitchen, grabbing a slice of already made toast- courtesy to my mom. Entering the living room, I noticed all my siblings- Heather, Fall, and Ryan- my mom- Carnalea- my Dad- Lance Rodes, the Alpha of the Black Moon pack- and an unfamiliar, but very attractive young man. I placed my bag on the ground, then walked over to my father.

I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly, "Uhh, hello." I greeted the stranger.

He gave me a warm smile in return. He had light brown hair, and piercing green eyes. When he smiled, I could easily see his dimples. He was hot.

"Kailey, this is Trent. Trent, this is my daughter Kailey." My dad introduced us. I wasn't really his daughter. My parents adopted me when I was a baby, I have no recollection of my real parents, and my mom and dad never talked about them. It didn't really bother me, I have a family- even though we aren't related by blood, they're my family and I love them.

"Hello, Kailey." Trent's deep voice bounced around the room.

I turned to my dad, "Soooo, what's up dad? Why'd you call me down here?"

My father smiled, he reeked of excitement, "Well, Kay as you know, you're eighteen. You are now of age to be mated."

"Yeah, and??" I pushed, taking a bite of toast.

"And well, I've arranged for you to be mated with Trent." He finished.

I just stood there, completely in shock.

What?!

Mated? To a stranger- sure, a very, very hot stranger, but a stranger none the less.

So guess what I did, go on guess...... ya' done yet? Good.

I spat in his face. My chewed up toast was currently on my father's face. One of the most respected Alphas, had food all over his face.

My eyes widened, realizing what I just did, "Oh, crud! I'm so sorry dad."

He blinked his eyes twice, before wiping it off, "I understand your shock, Kailey."

I shook my head, "No. I don't think you do. You're not being forced to mate with someone you don't know. I mean, you haven't even given me a chance to look for my mate, and you're already trying to hand me off to the most eligible bachelor." My voice rose with every word I said.

"Kailey, calm down." My mother tried.

"No, I don't think I will." I refused.

"I don't think you understand. You don't have a choice in the matter, Kailey. You will be mated with Trent, and you'll be leaving tonight with him." My fathers voice was firm, he was using the Alpha tone with me. Fortunately, it never worked on me- I have no clue why, but i never questioned it.

"The hell I will!" I shouted before running out of the house, grabbing my bag on the way.

Once I was outside, I shifted into my large white wolf, taking my bag in my mouth, and running into the woods by the house.

I refuse to be mated with a complete stranger.