Chapter 4: You must be new

As today is my first day of school, I get up early to make sure I have plenty of time to get ready. I need to look my best on this special day. I find that first impressions are important. I leave my cozy bed, and stand on my feet, yawning. I could really use a couple more hours!

After making my bed, I take a long shower to gather my thoughts. My bathroom is small but nice. It has white tiles on all four walls, and grayish tiles on the floor. The mirror is huge!

I get out of the shower wearing a towel, humming some song that has been stuck in my head for days. I wrap my wet hair into another towel and secure it on my head, as I enter my room to get dressed.

I stand, staring into my open closet for a moment, placing a finger on my chin. What to wear..

To test the temperature outside, I open the window and stick a hand out. It's breezy, and the sky is a dark gray. British summer! I leave the window open, to get in some fresh air.

I decide to go with my favorite, white sweater, along with a pair of black skinny jeans. I place my Vans by the door next to my school bag, that I have already packed last night, on the hardwood floor.

After drying my long brown hair, I curl it with my hair straightener - as a curling iron doesn't do anything good for my hair. I like to have more waves instead of tight curls, so I make my hands wet, and pull some of my curls out. I finish up adding some hair spray to my big loose spiral waves.

Then I apply mascara, along with a bit of eyeliner and some blush. All ready then. I must admit that I look presentable enough.

**

The school is only a 7 minute walk away from my house, but I can't help but feeling lonely and a bit sad walking alone.

I always used to walk to school with Kayla, laughing and gossiping over something.

I remember the times when we were really late, and we ran to school as fast as we could, with our school bags bouncing up and down on our backs. We would be laughing our ass' off at the time we got to class.

Good times, I smile at the happy memory, and I remind myself to call her when school is over to give her all the details.

**

I Imagined, as being the new gir - even though school started last week for the rest of the students at this school - everyone would be looking at me, as I enter and walk down the hallway like in the movies. Though no one even seems to notice me, and to be honest that's suits me perfectly.

I already got my schedule sent to my house a couple of days ago, so I pull it out of my bag and take a look at it. Well a map could be useful! I pull my fingers through my hair and sigh. Isn't this the scene where some cute girl comes randomly up to me and shows me around, and then we become best friends for life? Right now I have a hard time seeing that happening.

At least I manage to find my locker pretty quick! As I open it, I see that inside there is a huge pile of the books I'll need for my classes. My first lesson is English, so I look through the pile, and find the book I'll be needing along with a note pad and my pencil case. Then I throw my bag into the locker, and arch my back.

When I shut my locker closed, I am standing face to face with a cute curly haired boy. He smiles at me - a warm, charming smile. He has emerald green eyes, dark brown hair and cheeky dimples.

-"You must be new here. I'm Harry," he says in a deep raspy voice, holding out a big hand.

I nod and take his hand and shake it. It's warm and surprisingly soft.

-"I'm Zoe Fray," I reply smiling, not knowing what else to say. "Hi! You are actually the first person, who seems to have noticed my appearance since I entered this place," - I don't say that of course.

-"Nice to meet you, Zoe. Which class are you in?" He glance at my schedule, that I am still holding in my left hand.

-"Err, I'm not sure, could you maybe.."

I give it to him, and his green eyes scroll down the piece of paper while narrowing his eyebrows. I still have 2 minutes to go to class.

-"Oh, just follow me actually. We both have English teached by Mrs. Hudson in a minute. She's a great teacher," he says in his slow way of speaking, and smiles at me again, while handing me my schedule. I smile relieved as we make our way side by side down the hallway.

"So, Zoe, what brings you to Bradford?" He says in a teachers voice, teasing me. I giggle, and I get the feeling that I've already made a friend.

_________________

Please vote if you liked it so far, it only takes a second and I would really appreciate it :D xx