Chapter 21: Be my date

Sorry I'm so slow at updating, but school is stressfull at the moment :S

_______________________

Zayn eats at our table at lunch with the rest of us. It's weird. We are stuck in an awkward silence, and people have their heads down, concentrating on eating their food. I feel bad.

The only one trying to make a bit of conversation is Liam. He and Zayn has been making up a bit, so I guess he is trying to help me. Help us. 
Even Tamara is silent, eating her tiny chicken sandwich, picking her glittery pink nails. 

We make eye contact, and I shoot her a look. Help Tam!
She gives me a tiny smile.

- "So, everybody up for the school dance?" Tamara says in a voice full of optimism. She is good at this. She doesn't ever find it hard to make conversation, and she always has a subject up in her sleeve. 

Niall is staring at Zayn with his deep blue eyes. He doesn't look scared or hostile, it's like he's just observing him. I don't think Niall notice it himself, and neither does Zayn. 
I cough and shoot Niall a look, breaking his trance. I wonder what's on his mind.

- "Harry you should totally ask Lynn to go with you! She's so into you!" Tamara squeals.

I remember Lynn from our English classes, she is one of Tamara's friends. She has blonde hair like Tamara, and cute golden eyes.

Harry just shrugs. 
- "Maybe I will,".

"Liam have you got an eye on anyone?" she asks, giving him a teasing look. He smiles and shrugs, which could mean both. Danielle isn't here, but I've seen her around with a dark haired guy a couple of times. 

"Are you taking Zoe?" She looks at me and Zayn, her eyes big and bright. I don't see any annoyance in them - towards Zayn. I didn't even know there was a dance.

Zayn is about to open his mouth to speak, when Tamara covers her mouth with her glittery hand. 
- "Oh, did I just ruin something there? Never mind," she pulls a face.

I try not to make eye contact with Zayn, who looks slightly amused by Tamara's way of talking before thinking.

She doesn't ask Niall, who is now eating and has stopped staring at Zayn. She catches me catching her in stealing a longingly glance at Niall, and her pale face reddens. She is hoping he'll ask her out, I think. Though it doesn't seem like Niall has any idea. Niall being his happy self, too naive to even realize that a cute girl has a crush on him.

To my surprise Zayn winks at her, tilting his head in the direction of Niall. I can't help but giggle at her embarrassed face.
- "What about you?" he says.

She shrugs. "By myself I guess,"
Niall still doesn't seem to get the hint. 

I am just happy that Zayn and Tamara are being friendly though.

I notice the girl from the other day, who was staring at me and Zayn in the hallway. She is sitting at a table with a couple of others in the farthest corner of the room. She's talking to a girl with wild hair dyed red, laughing about something.