The Rouge Attack

The living room was a mess. Wolves were fighting everywhere. I could tell the rouges from the staff because the rouges always have darker fur and either yellow or dark brown eyes. Alex and I shared a glance then attacked with our companions.
      "Hey there." A deep voice said. I swerved around. A black wolf with yellow eyes was approaching me. "Leave! Or you'll regret it!" I snarled. "Your feisty, yes? What are you afraid of?" He asks. 'That voice sounds familiar' I though. 'Was it the one who killed my mother?' I asked myself. 'Couldn't be! He's long dead' I argued with myself. "Nothing you?" I asked in a smart way. I tried to stall while I mind linked Alex so he can help me since I'm cornered. "Nope! Wow we have a lot in common." He said in a sickly sweet voice. "Your going to regret talking to me!" I said. "Oh? And why is that?" Alex leaped on him from behind and tackled him to the ground. He was knocked out cold. "Cause my boyfriend just knocked you out!" I said and stepped over him. "Nice one, Sar!" Alex cheered and pawed me. "Thanks!"
     A blondish wolf was getting clobbered by three different black wolves at the same time behind me. "Mom!" Alex yelled and we leaped together over fallen bodies. The wolf had already clawed its way around her back and it sliced a long cut in her chest when she howled in pain. I pried the wolf away and wrestled it to the ground, then knocked him out with one good hit. I turned back to Alex. He was holding her in his paws. The battle was over the rouges had killed many of our staff and they fled. We changed into our human form I out pajamas. I dropped down next to them. "You will be a great Luna, Sarah. I understand if it's too much but I think you'll be great. Alex, be brave, like your father. I-I Love you both...I love you..." She said. Then, she was gone. Alex's head fell onto my shoulder and stayed there bobbing up and down as he sobbed. I watched the rest of our team huddle together in their human forms, clutching each other for support. "Is she...?" Evelyn asked. "Uh-uh...lets get her body to the garden and well burry her next to her husband." I said sadly. "Yes...?" They answered but they didn't know what to call me. "Just call me Sarah for now." I said. 'What now?' I ask Alex in his head. 'Let's just get this place cleaned up and we'll figure it our later.' He replied. I turn and see Mariah hugging Brad and calming him down. "Ok" I said out loud. "Ok" he said.

     The funeral was slow and sad. I presented my speech. "...She was like the mother I never had." I finished sadly and stepped off the podium and into Alex's open arms. He hugged me tight then it was his turn to speak. "....I miss her and I will do anything to fulfill her dreams." He finished and smiled at me. I winked at him. He took his eyes off me and turned to Brad. "I believe you'd like to say a few words?" He asked. "Yeah...uh...Well, she was a great mom and I'm going to miss her. I'll fulfill her dreams too." He stuttered. People laughed and he smiled realizing he's gotten a loath out of the crowd and walked off the podium. I laughed too. Then I realized I had to say the last words. "A funeral is not about grieving for your loved ones. It's for remembering them and doing all you can not to forget...And I will not forget Miss Luna Jefferson!" I said loudly and proudly. There were hoots and hollers coming from each and every person. It made me proud to someday become their Luna. "I hope you all heard what I just said because the day has come to an end. And I would like a snack." I said. Some people laughed but most cheered. I smiled and Alex, Mariah, Brad, and I walked back inside the mansion and out of the garden.

     "I'm so sorry this had to happen." I said while stroking Alex's hair. "Hey, it's the circle of life." He said sadly. "I should be doing this to you." He said and ruffled my hair. I giggled. "It seemed like you needed it more." I said. We kissed for a short time then the door opened. "I'll come back later." Mariah said, trying to bite back a smile. "No, no. We were just..." Alex started. There was a short silence. Then everyone broke out into laughter. "I came to tell you that it's time to make a decision." She said seriously. "Oh..." Alex said. "What are you not telling me?" I asked. "I'll tell you I'm a minute." He said shortly. Mariah left the room and I turned to Alex. "We have to figure out what we are going to do about the whole Alpha thing." He said shyly. "Oh! Well um..." I said. "I don't think I'm ready." "I don't know. You seem already their Alpha." I said. "Thanks. But really I might want to wait a year or two." He said. "Ok. So what do I do about staying or leaving here?" I asked. "I'll still be here if you want to wait a few years too." "I want to be here with you ever second if I can." I said. We kissed again and the door opened again. "Oh come on!" I yelled. Mariah just laughed and walked over to our desk. "Have you made a decision?" "No, not just yet." Alex said. "Ok well the ceremony is in a week and we need to figure out what type of ceremony it is." She said. "We'll give us a few days then." I said. We all laughed. Mariah walked out of the room. Alex and I smiled.