Clinging to a Cli- Part 4

[Edited and Slightly Rewritten]

A/N: I'm baaaack~ Gomen for the wait and now we go back to Dipper running for his life. There might be Third Person here. The sword will be called Midnight by the way.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

3rd Person POV (Told you)

Crack

Crack

Crack

Crack

Sounds of grass, shrubbery and plant life being crushed echoed throughout the forest as if in a cruel symphony. A dark green light took over the forest like a disease.

Labored breathing was also heard. Huffs and puffs of exhaustion accompanied it. If you listen carefully, you could hear a hint of terror.

A figure runs desperately through the redwood trees, zipping between them and jumping over fallen tree trunks with tired vigor.

The figure was a human-like person. Wearing a black shirt with the moon in all of it's glory. A jacket was placed over it with its supposed hood down. Jeans as dull as the color of the sea. Shoes as dark as midnight itself.

The figure was a male. His sea green eyes in wide panic. A look of fear ever present in his features. Sweat ran down his forehead and on to his face. His brown hair flailing around to the wind blowing onto his pale face. His cheeks redder than the reddest rose due to running.

His muscles burned with every step and jump. His clothes soaked and sticking to his well-toned body. A person observing from afar would presume that he was jogging. But, no he was not.

An evil, foreboding presence that thirsted for the young man's blood followed him. A monster. A monster that had only one thought,

Kill

The monster was gigantic. It's skin was steaming as it chased it's prey. It was almost as tall as the trees and as imposing as them. It was relentless in it's chase, never missing a step in difference to the 5 '11 man in front of it.

Every step it made shook the forest to it's very core. Crows squawk as they leave the trees in droves as each tree fell down in the path of the monster.

The man looked back as he continued on his apparently hopeless endeavour. The irises of his eyes shrink in the face of what was in front of them.

A million thoughts crashed around his mind. The most prominent was one of the woman he loved.

He gritted his teeth in a way that would break them.

His heart continued pumping blood wildly into the man's body. A deafening thump kept coming back and back again to his ears.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

He never felt fear like this ever since he was young. Fear of a creature powerful enough to take down an army of soldiers in battle. Arms that could rip apart steel like paper.