Chapter Eleven

WPOV:

After a moment if resistance, my curiosity overcomes me and I start to follow Nico and Bianca.

I wait until they're in Bianca's room before leaning close to the door, listening. There's silence for a moment, then I hear Bianca speak.

"I met somebody." Oh no. If my parents find out, they'll be furious.

"Her name is Thalia." I know Thalia, but I don't know much about her. Despite my efforts to befriend all the servants, Thalia is naturally hostile and not very friendly, especially to men.

"She's a servant here, and... I-I really love her, Nico. I know I'm supposed to marry Will, but I just don't feel anything with him! We don't click, we have nothing in common... I don't even like guys." She sighs. I don't hate Bianca, or even dislike her. That would be very hypocritical, since I have a crush on Nico.

I lean away from the door, trying to think of a solution. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way that this could end well. My parents are stubborn, nearly everyone I know is homophobic, and Nico is probably straight.

"It's a shame I don't have a sister who could marry him instead." Bianca's voice drifts towards me as I lean towards the door again.
"Well... Um... I kind of have a crush on Will." I nearly scream.

Nico has a crush on me? Nico, who is practically an angel who fell to earth, likes me?

I stumble backwards and crash into a maid who is carrying plates. One crashes to the ground and I panic. I grab her arm and pull her into the nearest hiding space, a tiny storage room.