Chapter Fifteen

WPOV:
I run after Nico, desperately calling his name. He disappears into his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I stop outside the door and lean closer. I can hear Nico sobbing. My heart thuds in my chest as I clench my fists. I'm so stupid! I've ruined any chance I had of getting him to like me, and I've hurt him...

I knock on the door nervously.
"Nico..." The crying stops abruptly. "Nico, please open the door..." I beg. "I-I'm sorry..." My voice catches and I sigh, resting my forehead against the door. "Please let me explain myself."

After a few seconds, I hear footsteps approach from beside me. Thinking that it's just a maid, I don't move.

"What're you doing?" I turn my head and see Bianca and Thalia holding hands. Bianca's hair is messy and her eyes are shining, making her seem younger and more relaxed. I smile slightly despite the situation with Nico. She seems happy.

Bianca sees me staring at their entwined hands and quickly pulls away, straightening her posture and trying to fix her messy hair. Thalia seems unfazed, staring at me coolly.

"N-Nico..." I stutter. "I-I upset him, and he won't talk to me..." I tell her nervously. "I feel so awful... I don't want things to be awkward between us."

Bianca drops her calm composure and pushes me aside roughly, gesturing at Thalia to leave. She knocks on the door.
"Nico! Let me in!" She shouts. She puts her hands on her hips and glares at the door.

After a few seconds, it opens slightly. Bianca pushes her way inside and I manage to get a glimpse of Nico. He looks at me nervously, his face stained with tears. My heart constricts, and all I want is to rush forward and envelop him in a hug. The door closes in my face.

Despite knowing that I shouldn't (last time I did this I messed everything up) I lean closer and listen.

"Do I need to have a word with him?" Bianca asks. There's silence as I listen closely, my breaths the only sound I can hear.
"He kissed me." Nico's voice sounds broken. I did that... It's my fault that he feels so bad.

"What?" Nico snaps.
"Isn't that... good?" Bianca ventures. "I mean... I thought you had a crush on him..."
"I do!" My heart skips a beat. "I mean, I think I do... I did... I don't know!" I hear a bang and Nico shouts something in Italian. He said he did. He doesn't any more, and it's my own fault.

"Calm down. Take a few deep breaths and clear your head." I do what Bianca says too.

"Tell me what happened." She instructs Nico. His voice is quiet as he tells Bianca what happened. He drifts off when he reaches the kiss.
"I don't know what to do." He mumbles.
"Talk to him?" Bianca says tentatively.
"No way. It'll be too awkward."
"You can't stay in this room until it's time for you to leave." Bianca says, like another patronising a child.
"Why not?" Nico sounds like he's ready to snap.

They have a short argument, then I hear Bianca chuckle softly.
"I won't make you leave yet, but I advise that you come out soon." She says. I hear her footsteps approach and step away from the door, then start to walk away.