A little too fast (2)

As soon as I entered the pub I could notice some gazes on me, I hated to draw attention, but it happened.

I walked to the bar and sat on one of the stools that were there, and ordered a bottle of water. I didn't drink anything alcoholic at all, only on special occasions and only one glass of drink, I liked to remember my name and to wake up without being almost dying.

Surreptitiously I looked around the place that was starting to fill up, I didn't find her anywhere, so I started to kill my time on my phone. As soon as I finished drinking the little bottle of water I went to the bathroom to touch up my makeup and empty my bladder.

As I washed my hands I saw two similar women enter the bathroom, they laughed out loud and shook their heads. I stared at the mirror and recognized both women, they were Camila's friends. I grabbed my phone and left the bathroom calling Normani.

-I need help, I don't want to make it obvious!

-Ughhh, I'm going, I'll be there in a bit.

I returned to my seat and immediately noticed a presence next to me, it was a man almost in his forties with a naughty smile on his face. He raised his arm and then the bartender put a drink in front of us, I rolled my eyes and turned on the stool resting my elbows on the counter.

My gaze landed on the corner of the pub, Cabello was talking with the two girls from the bathroom and with a petite girl who was her best friend according to my files.

Was that a double date? Or were they just friends?

-Aren't you going to drink? – the man next to me interrupted my thoughts.

-I don't drink anything alcoholic and I don't mess around with married men! – my gaze landed on his left hand that he then took care of hiding inside the pocket of his pants. He got up grabbing the glass, letting out an ironic laugh and leaving soon after.

If there's one thing I can't stand is infidelity, I think there's no reason to cheat when you can end absolutely everything that you have with the person who doesn't make you happy anymore, and kiss or have sex with several other whenever you want. It's simply disrespectful. But I think any kind of infidelity counts, that's why I always stand by my friends' sides.

I stayed there alone for a few minutes without knowing what to do, when I looked at the door and saw Normani totally dolled up and smiling, the woman was beautiful. Smiling, I waved shyly and she walked towards me sitting in the place where before the man occupied.

After ordering her drink we started talking about her parents who were traveling, then several very trivial subjects came up until obviously the subject "work" was brought up to the table. Manibear and I were face to face, I was with my back turned to Camila's table and she always looked over my shoulder to look at the table, which made me laugh at her shameless ways. I laughed even more when she began to trace several comments about the girl.

-She's looking at us since the time I arrived. – Normani said and I frowned drinking my water.

-Really? – Mani nodded her head – Maybe she remembers me, from early today.

-Did you two talk?

-Bumping trick. – Normani made a face of disbelief.

-That trick is so old... – she rolled her eyes.

-I've already found out that she's very shy and doesn't have attitude, she got mute when I tried to talk to her! – I continued speaking – And when she looked at me, she opened her mouth as if she knew what I would do...

-Lauren, have you looked at yourself? – I nodded my head – You are hot and very beautiful, the girl must have felt terrified with those hawk green eyes on her. – I laughed and she smiled.

-I prefer the term tiger. – I said winking at her, who brought her hand to her chest and threw her head back, pretending to be dead with my wink. I rolled my eyes.

-Okay, let's make her have attitude! I'm sure that if I get up to go talk to the man from table fourteen that has been looking at me for ages, she'll come here!

-Mani, she has no attitude! – I grumbled rolling my eyes.

-But she has insistent friends and she seems very interested in you to not come here, I bet 10 dollars! – I shrugged nodding my head, and Normani got up.

I watched my best friend approach the guy's table and I let out a laugh, she was so shameless. I decided to start counting up to thirty to see if Camila would approach. At twenty eight she stopped next to me, resting her elbows on the counter, and she called the bartender. And when I lowered my gaze I saw her ass, I bit my bottom lip and started to analyze her clothes.

She was wearing a lacy black dress, pretty glued to her body until her waist, and from there down it was pretty loose and slightly raised in the back thanks to her great back volume. And a pair of Jeffrey Campbell, also black on her feet. Camila wore a bit of makeup, her hair was a bit straighter than early today and she looked more like a grown woman.

-The Hunger Games' girl. – she looked at me with red cheeks and I smiled – Should I call you the girl on fire like Katniss or do you have a name? – Cabello laughed and I turned fully towards her.

-Camila. – she extended me her hand and I shook it.

-My name is Lauren and by the way, beautiful name! – she smiled shyly and I laughed.

-And for your information I'm more of a clumsy girl than anything else. – I couldn't help but laugh, and she blushed.

-You are funny, but you should know that it was all my fault and I'll only let you leave here if you accept to drink something with me!

She smirked and sat on the high stool, she looked over my shoulder to give a signal to her friends and I just turned to the front pretending to not have seen anything. I extended my hand calling the bartender, after ordering her drink I just turned to the side and started talking to Camila.

We talked about books, then about music, common tastes, photography and we even talked about our jobs. I said that I worked with shares and that I did everything from home, without even having to leave. Camila told me a bit about her work, but said that she always wanted to be a journalist.

When I noticed it was already midnight and we both hadn't even touched our drinks. Camila said she needed to go and I insisted on taking her to her house since it was already late and her friends had already left. She denied and denied until she finally gave in, I'm a very insistent person.

Along the way to her apartment as well as looking at the beautiful night that was in Miami we began to talk again about various things. Discreetly I insinuated that she was dating, but Camila without realizing ended up denying and saying that she was totally single.

-And you? I'm sure you have someone! – I just laughed and shook my head, telling her that I hadn't found the right person yet, which made a smile appear in the corner of her lips.

Poor Camila, she had already been hooked.

As soon as we arrived at her simple and very jovial building, if I may say so, Cabello stopped in front of me crossing her arms kind of awkwardly and opened a smile. She was turning to enter when I held her hand.

-Are we going to see each other again? – I asked and she smiled, I extended her my phone for her to write down her number, which she promptly did – I'll call you.

-Good Night. – she spoke smiling and taking a step forward.

Camila was going to kiss my cheek, but in an agile and subtle movement I turned my face making our lips meet for a brief moment, but then she backed away startled and laughed. I winked at her and smiled, seeing that she hadn't seen any problem with me having kissed her.

-Good Night, Lauren. – she spoke walking away as she bit her lower lip.

-Good Night, sleep tight, Camila.

I waited for her to enter the building and then turned around smiling, putting my hands in the pockets of my jacket.

First phase, the conquest phase: complete.