Try hard (15)

-I will not do that, give up! – Normani said slightly annoyed.

-I just need you to get his address.

-Lauren, I'm going to punch you. This is none of your business. Give up!

-You won't help me? – she just kept her attention on the computer – Fine, I'll find out everything by myself.

-----

My best friend had denied my request for help two days ago, according to her it would be dangerous for me to meddle in such matters. As if my job itself wasn't dangerous. Today was Saturday and I was driving to the gym, I had training with Dinah.

I got there and since I was already ready, I just went to the locker-room to put my bag in my locker. As soon as I left, I saw Celine and Dinah talking. I walked up to them and smiled without being in the mood to.

-Today Celine will watch your training. – Dinah said smiling.

-She chose a great day, I'm angry and I'll finish you faster.

-Yeah, sure, as if that will happen...

That Celine person sat close to the mat and Dinah and I started to stretch, warming up a little. And when Dinah was about to start talking, I trapped her between my legs and got on top of her. She tried to get rid of me, but the only thing she was able to do was make me laugh.

-Today we'll start with some sequences on the sandbag. Get off me. – she pushed me and I laughed, getting off her.

-You always do surprise attacks, I wanted to be ready...

I hated that people knew my sequence. I just bandaged my hands with Dinah's help and went to the sandbag, being accompanied by her. I inched closer to her and whispered that I wasn't going to do my usual sequence, and she readily understood and nodded her head.

It happens that a lot of people from other agencies infiltrate our trainings without us knowing and write down our movements and strategies. This way it's easier to kill us and take our case. I've already been targeted twice, they tried to kill me, the keyword being tried.

The sequence that I was doing wasn't much different from the normal, just a few movements that were inverted, which made the sequence slow and much more precise and painful for who took the punch or kick.

My clothes were already glued to my body and I could feel the sweat running down my body, which bothered me a little and showed how tired I already was. Unlike the other trainings during the week, Dinah asked me to go to the pool, today we were going to use it.

-But I didn't bring a bikini!

-I don't care, jump with your clothes on. This way your movements will become slower and it will strengthen your muscles even more.

-Can I at least take off my shoes?

-Since today I'm being a nice person, you can.

I took off my shoes and when I was about to take off my socks, Dinah cleared her throat and I looked at her curiously.

-I said the shoes, not the socks.

-Dinah... – I whined.

-Hurry up!

I just dived into the deep pool and I could feel all my muscles relax for being in contact with warm water. As I swam, I could feel my clothes gluing even more to my body, making my movements even slower. I came up for air and was forced to stay up more than normal, taking deep breaths and trying to get my breathing back to normal.

-I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO STOP AND BREATHE FOR SO LONG! – my best friend shouted and I took a deep breath again – Stop being a pussy, you just earned two more laps!

Training in the water was difficult, especially with Dinah, she's always too hard on you, and in the water is even worse. When we had these water workouts she would only give me two useful tips. The first was to be fast and not nervous. And the second was to only come up for air a few times.

She would always say that because when we are trying to run and swim at the same time, things are not like "Marco Polo". The people who are after you won't go easy on you and much less let you stop to breathe. That's why my best friend suggests that I never fully lift my head to breathe, but only lift it pretty quickly and dive back in.

After an hour in the water, I could feel my lungs begging for rest. Dinah realized that and I left the water without using the ladder, since according to Dinah "ladder is for the weak".

I stopped in front of her and she smiled, winking at me. I was finally free. I pulled up my shirt and my best friend grunted, I twisted the fabric and saw how wet my shirt was. I took off my socks as I grumbled, and then gathered my things, going to the locker room.

I took a hot shower and changed clothes, luckily I always had extra clothes in my locker. As soon as I showed up with my bag, Dinah smiled and looked at me somewhat curious.

-You did a great job today, Celine saw what a real training is.

-You don't go so hard on her, how do you want her to know what a real training is?! – she laughed – You bitch, do you by any chance want to whip me or tie me upside down to see how long I can handle being awake?

-That's a great idea! – I looked at her in horror and she laughed – I only do all this so that you are the best, and guess what, you are! – she winked and I smiled.

My ego had been massaged.

-Smooth, Hansen!

-Thank you, Jauregui. – she laughed and so did I – Are you going to see your beloved Camila today?

-I don't know, I'm tired and I'm not in the mood to have sex with anyone.

-Rude. Just call her and invite her to see a movie in your house. Relationships, even the fake ones, don't need to be just sex. Be nice to her.

-Normani tells me to back off and now you are telling me to be nice and get to know Camila. Make up your minds!

-Be yourself with her, Camila will end up dying either way. – she spoke falteringly, she hated this part of the job.

The thing is that we will all eventually die, whether by someone, or by some disease or old age. Some people just have the misfortune to have their life taken before their time. It happens that some people forget an important detail.

Everybody's time comes sooner or later.