Be strong (6)

NOTE: For a better reading, listen to the song "Stay by Rihanna" :)

-----

That weekend Camila didn't leave my apartment, she clung to me the whole time, I found out even more intimate things about her. For example, everything she went through in high school, about a tattoo on her neck and about her family in general. She asked me a few questions too, but I answered everything pretty vaguely, without much detail, but she seemed to accept the answers.

Today was Monday and it was day to train with Dinah, as soon as I got to the gym she greeted me with a beautiful smile, then I went to change clothes putting on a proper one for workout. Once I stepped on the mat again my friend pointed to the sand bag.

-Today we are doing it without gloves.

-WHAT? – I asked surprised.

-When something happens no one will wait for you to put on gloves, just bandage your hands to diminish the friction. – she ordered seriously and I huffed doing what she had ordered.

I didn't bandage my hands too much, just enough for me to not get hurt a lot. She motioned for me to start and so I did. Two punches with each hand and then kick switching the kicks on each leg.

I was for 20 minutes doing that and I could feel my hands' joints throbbing of so much pain, I couldn't close my hand, much less hold anything.

The next exercise was a kind of a circuit in which you had to practically do all the squat exercises, it was a particular physical conditioning and much more heavy. Dinah was being too harsh today and I was dying, but I did everything without complaining of pain or tiredness.

-Ok, we are done. – she spoke smiling and throwing a towel at me – See you later, wimp!

I grumbled as a reply and heard her laughing.

I went to the locker room and took a long shower, I dried myself and put on fresh clothes that were at the same time quite stylish. After gathering all my things, I turned off all the lights and walked towards the front door, not locking it, because I knew Dinah would train someone later. And then walked to my car.

The joints of my fingers ached, just like the upper part and the back of my hands. I just wanted to go home and rest, but I couldn't since I had scheduled something with Camila.

I parked my car in front of the company where she worked and got out of the car, waiting for her to show up, which didn't take long to happen. Camila showed up all smiley and beautiful. She was wearing a pink skirt that was sort of pulled up, making it short, a plain white blouse, which was tucked inside the skirt, a necklace, high heels and a headband with a pink bow. She looked sexy and at the same time cute, how does she do that?

Before crossing the street she looked both ways and then sprinted holding her purse with one hand and her skirt with the other, jumping on my neck as soon as she reached me.

-Hi! – I spoke stealing a quick peck.

-I like when you come pick me up. – she said opening a broad smile.

-But it's my first time picking you up. – I said laughing.

-Anyways... – she laughed intertwining our hands and I couldn't help but groan in pain – Oops... – she laughed awkwardly – What... Lauren, what happened with your hand?

I pulled my hand for her to not keep analyzing it too much, and she looked deep into my eyes scared.

-It was just a workout... in the gym, today. – I shrugged, I couldn't even move my fingers without grumbling in pain – I guess the gloves didn't protect my hands like they should've. – I lied.