Are you serious? (12)

-Is this girl some kind of magician? – Dinah asked biting her snack as she was leaning on the table, just to see the photos.

-They look really good. – Normani said analyzing them carefully.

-I like them too. – I smiled looking at the screen of my laptop.

Camila had sent me all the pictures of the photo shoot last night, I called the girls so that they could see them with me and we can say that we were all shocked. The photos had come out wonderful, the angles in which she took them were simply incredible, my eyes were always highlighted and I had really liked my body in all the photos.

-Laur, I already found your eyes beautiful, but after this photo here I want them for me!

It was the picture where I was behind one of the wooden pillars of the pier, having the sea as background. My black hair was completely thrown to one side and I was smiling as I stared at the camera with my eyes open in a way that made any person only notice them and forget about the rest of the picture.

We stayed watching the pictures, one after the other and I was beginning to believe in her words, that I was beautiful.

When it was 5:00PM, I went to shower while the girls were sprawled on my couch eating snacks and spreading the bran all over the apartment. Besides not staying in their own home, those mules mess mine.

Once I finished getting ready, I noticed how "bad boy" my look looked. I was wearing dark high waisted denim shorts, a t-shirt with a huge picture of the Rolling Stones, a black leather jacket, black beanie and black combat boots.

When I showed up in the room, the jokes about them being in love with a little effeminate green-eyed guy started. I only showed them the middle finger and grabbed my keys and 200 dollars. In case we dined out. I said goodbye and left the apartment.

I drove to the company where Camila worked and started to get angry with her delay. This time would be the time that she would be leaving the company with a lovesick fool face and run to me.

20 minutes late. I listened to the radio as I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel, looking attentively at the front door of that company.

35 minutes. I don't know why I was waiting for half an hour, sitting in a not so fucking comfortable seat in a somewhat hot car. Irritated, I turned off the damn radio and removed the key from the ignition, getting out of the car.

With firm steps I walked to the entrance of that damn company. I walked through the ridiculous revolving door and for the first time in a month I wanted to kill Camila. She had made me wait for 35 minutes so that she could stay talking to a ridiculous prick?

The guy was wearing black slacks, a white button-down shirt with rolled up sleeves, social shoes and his hair was thrown to the side. What was he? A thirty years old Justin Bieber wannabe?

I stood standing by the door, glaring at them and waiting for her to look at me so that we could finally get out of there. It so happens that she had her back turned to me and probably wouldn't see me, but as soon as I crossed my arms that son of a bitch finally looked at me for a while, making her turn around wide-eyed. I took a deep breath and she turned to him, saying goodbye quickly to then walk over to me hastily.

-Lauren, it's not what you...

Before she finished speaking, I silenced her with a kiss. Without even having permission, I invaded her mouth with my tongue and as soon as they touched Camila brought one of her hands up to my face. I hugged her waist in a somewhat possessive way. Our kiss didn't last long, soon she took care of separating our lips.

Her lips were red and her brown eyes were intense and somewhat wide. I smiled mischievously and raised one of my eyebrows as I bit my lower lip.

-You made me wait for 40 minutes, 35 outside and another 5 in here. – I spoke a bit cynically and she looked at me with a guilty face – This whole time you were talking to him? – I questioned her slightly irritated.

-Are you jealous? – she raised one of her eyebrows and I glared at her.

-Have you said goodbye to him? I'm hungry! – I spoke intertwining our hands.

-Um, not yet. – she kissed my cheek and then freed her hand from mine, walking to him.

That gesture made me want to grab the sharpest object close to me and throw it at him. She approached him and kissed his cheek. I looked around and took a deep breath. If I were to kill her it would have to be in a remote place and I wouldn't make her suffer, that was a promise I made to myself and I don't break my promises.

Irritated by that gesture of hers, I went out that stupid revolving door and walked to my car, unlocking it and opening the fucking door. I got in and closed the door with an unnecessary force, I wouldn't leave, I would wait for her.

Camila entered the car with a confused expression on her face and as soon as she closed the fucking door, I started the car and drove out of the place I had parked.

-What was that? – she asked after a while.

-I don't know what you're talking about! – I said quickly as my foot sank into the gas pedal.

-You are jealous...

-I'm not jealous!

-That's not what it looked like.

-I'm angry!

-I noticed. – she spoke in the same tone and then I had to brake because of the damn traffic light.

-I waited for you for 40 minutes. That's 2400 seconds! – I quickly did the math mentally and looked at her – And all because of a ridiculous prick?

I was gripping the steering wheel with an unnecessary force, and then I saw her with an annoying smile on her face.

-Don't smile, Jesus fucking Christ, don't smile and much less laugh, this is not funny! – I spoke stressed out and I saw that she was doing her best not to laugh.

-Lauren, you are so perfect! – she smiled and that made me even more angry, I just focused on driving – You don't need to be jealous of him, he's my boss.

Did you know that he wants to have your head in his dining room? No, you don't.

-But we are friends now, just that!

-You said that your boss hated you!

-I have two bosses, there's Austin, or the ridiculous prick, and there's Keaton, the one who hates me. – she spoke with an out of the ordinary calmness.

-Whatever...

I had lost my appetite. I drove in silence to her house, the radio was turned off and the only thing that could be heard were our calm and rhythmic breaths.

From the corner of my eye, I watched her for a moment. The car window was closed and she had her forehead glued to the glass, looking outside, she only moved away when I stopped in front of her building.

-Are you coming in? – she asked apprehensively.

-Better not. – Camila nodded her head and inched closer to kiss me – Bye. – I kissed her forehead briefly and turned forward.

She stared at me for a while and then her phone started ringing, Camila opened the door at the same time she picked up her phone.

-Hi, Austin. – I took a deep breath – No, she left me at home. – Camila closed the door and I removed the key from the ignition, getting out of the car.

I would make her not cogitate the option of putting another person in my place.