Maybe 007 (18)

-I don't like chocolate... Eat this one and I'll get another. – I said looking at the other ice cream flavors.

I was next to Camila and she was still tense with everything that had happened, I didn't blame her, after all it's not normal for a person to chase after another to retrieve a bag that was stolen. If there was nothing special in it, I wouldn't mind letting him escape with the bag, but in it was Dinah's gun and if I had let him get away, she'd eat me alive.

After getting our ice creams, I took care of paying for them, which made Camila grumble and pout. I just laughed and asked her to find a place for us to sit, and so she did.

Eating my ice cream, I walked towards Camila, there were two places for me to sit, one beside her and another in front of her. I walked to her side and sat down beside her, sliding my right arm around her shoulders. Camila snuggled into me, still eating her ice cream.

-Why are you so quiet?

-Because I'm still scared! – I laughed – Don't laugh, you're crazy...

-Yes, that's true... But everything is alright now, I'm here, relax, okay?

I ate a little more of my ice cream and my phone beeped, letting me know that I had received a new text.

-You were kind of a ninja... You are my favorite superheroine now.

I laughed and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

-Since when superheroes use their "powers" for themselves? – I couldn't stop laughing at the way she was looking at me, as if she was in an inner struggle – You could only say that if it had been your bag, or if I had saved your life.

-I don't doubt that you'd save my life. – she spoke smiling as she looked deep into my eyes, and I smiled somewhat awkwardly.

If only she knew that I was the one who was going to be responsible for her death.

-Ehrm... – I just laughed and nodded my head.

DJ: At 8:30PM I'll be at your house, Mani isn't coming. Order Chinese food.

That was the text that Dinah sent me. The asshole thinks she's the boss of me. And just because of that I'll order Indian food.

We stayed there sitting, embraced and eating ice cream without any apparent concern. Camila had told me that she had resigned and I smiled widely at that, which made her laugh. And just to tease me, she let out a little joke about Austin, which made me frown and roll my eyes. She knows I can't stand him...

Camila redeemed herself wonderfully well. Smiling, she bit my lower lip without giving me time to back away, her left hand went to my leg and she contoured my lips with her cold and velvety tongue as she stroked my thigh in a somewhat bold way.

We kissed each other for a while, our tongues were cold and the taste of my ice cream mixed with hers. Camila sucked my tongue and I smiled, biting her lower lip to then separate our lips, but soon gluing them in a long peck.

As if nothing had happened, Camila turned and snuggled into my body, going back to eating her ice cream. I smiled shaking my head and inched my lips closer to her head, kissing her there and pulling her even more to my body as I continued to eat my ice cream with my free hand.

-----

After making out a little inside my car and before things started to get more heated, I was forced to say goodbye to Camila. With a little pout on her lips, she stole a long and wonderful kiss from me and then got out of my car.

As I was driving to my apartment, a silly smile tugged at my lips at the memory of Camila's desperation, and when she tried to make me jealous... She's so adorable ad romantic. It makes me want to pinch her cheeks and never break our lips apart.

I put the key in the lock and opened the door to my apartment with the same silly smile on my face. I closed the door and threw the keys on the dining table, and then saw Dinah staring at me with her arms crossed. I smiled and threw my bag towards her. She soon relaxed her expression and smiled.

-Where were you? – she asked opening my bag and looking for the gun.

As soon as she found it, she took from her own bag the material to clean the object.

-With Camila, I took her out for ice cream and then when I drove her home, we stayed inside the car making out a little...

-Oohh, that's right, now she's your girlfriend. – she laughed and I smiled – Why are you smiling like that?

-I don't know... Something happened today and it made me feel happy. – I shrugged and sat beside her – You know when you just... feel good? As if everything is in its proper place?!

Dinah narrowed her eyes and stared at me suspiciously.

-Laur... What do you mean by that? – she asked.

-Can we order pizza? – I asked changing the subject and she mumbled something with a shrug – I'll order half pepperoni and the other half corn, okay?! – Dinah made a positive sign with her hand and I smiled getting up.

-Uhm... Laur? – I looked at her – I like the idea of you two together... She brings the best Lauren back! – I looked at her seriously and without saying anything I went to order the pizza.

I hated when Dinah and Normani said those things, in the sense that I was changing because of Camila... I'm still the same and will always continue to be. This is a case just like any other, there are no reasons for them to keep surrounding me and talking to me all the time about Camila.

After ordering the pizza, I went to sit next to Dinah. I grabbed my phone and then went to the picture folder to see all the latest photos that Camila and I had taken. Most of them were very funny, but there was a photo in particular that was my favorite. I was smiling widely and our faces were glued, Camila had her nose wrinkled and she was smiling without showing her teeth, with her eyes half closed. It was a very cute photo, and I put it as my home screen before locking my phone.

I looked at Dinah and as soon as I noticed that she was staring at me trying to hold back her laughter, I wiped the involuntary smile that was on my face.

-Don't say anything! – she laughed and shrugged – DJ? Why do you think they want Camila... dead?

-I don't know, I was wondering that on my way over here... Think with me. She's very reserved, doesn't like to go out much, but when she does she goes to the same places. She only has three friends, she's connected to her family, she has a great apartment but a lousy job... Lauren, have you ever wondered how she maintains that apartment?

I stared at her thoughtfully and frowned.

-I never thought about that...

-And have you stopped to think why her boss wants her dead? Maybe they were involved and he doesn't want her to tell anything to anyone. He's rich and must want to keep his image...

-Mani said it's a "witness elimination", that she knows too much... But what does she know? – I questioned her.

We stayed for a while in silence and the questions echoed endlessly in my head, and that scared me.

-Have you seen how many questions there are with no answers? – she asked and I continued in silence – Lauren, you don't know the real Camila, you only think you do, just like she believes that she knows who you are... And if you really like her the way you seem to like, you should find out more about her, before anything else...

-What are you talking about, Dinah? – I asked slightly irritated.

-Lauren, you need to take all due care before doing the same thing you did with Julia! – she spoke seriously and I swallowed hard, I can't believe she mentioned that name – Do it quickly, before everything goes wrong!

The intercom buzzed and Dinah left everything on the table, heading for the kitchen to answer the pizza guy. I just took a deep breath and scratched my forehead, I needed to know more things about Camila before she finds out more about me.