Model (11)

-LAUREN, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? – Normani shouted angrily, as she walked from one side to the other.

-I wasn't paying attention... And she seemed excited and since I thought that that would please her, I accepted.

-BUT WHAT IF THOSE PICTURES COME OUT SOMEWHERE?

-THEY WON'T! – I shouted back – I'll make sure that she won't post them in any site or let the magazine post them. – Normani looked at me.

-You know that they can suspect you after the murder? If these damn pictures are published? – she spoke grabbing her purse.

-They won't, because I'll disappear from the map, like I always do, and I'll do everything right for them to think that I died along with her. – I said looking at my nails.

-Great! – she spoke more angrily than before, walking out the front door.

Without even knowing I kinda had agreed to pose for a photo essay in which Camila would be responsible, the entire thing would be done so that she could get a new job in a well-known and very famous magazine in Miami.

In my opinion, I found it a total waste to work professionally with photography, after all you don't earn almost anything and people always put defects in the pictures taken. I hate to be criticized, and to be criticized by people that I don't even know is an absolute nonsense.

The photo shoot would happen in a few minutes, she asked to photograph first in some rooms of my apartment and then in other places in the city. She also asked me to separate some clothes for the photos, just to make them look more "realistic" and more my style.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door, Camila smiled excitedly and I smiled back weakly. She hugged me tight and entered with a bag where probably her equipment was.

-Are you ready? – she asked putting her bag on top of the table and staying with her hands inside for a while.

-Ehrm... Yes... – I said without any certainty – I just need to comb my hair and put on a better outfit.

-NO! – she spoke quickly with the machine already in hand.

-I want it to be very realistic and well... You look beautiful like that, with eyes as if you just woke up, hair a little messy and wearing only that blue shirt that's bigger than you.

I smiled and looked at her embarrassed.

-Let's do it like this... In your bedroom there's a large window and it would be great if we could photograph there.

-Of course.

My bed was messy, I smiled embarrassed at that and Camila seemed to get even more excited about the idea of my bed being messy. I'll never understand artists.

My bedroom window was partially open, but she opened it a little more and looked at my room, wrapping the little "cord" that was tied to the machine around her wrist, smiling at me excitedly. Camila reassured me, saying that we had the whole afternoon and that I had to feel comfortable, that I could do any pose and face I wanted, and I just nodded with my head smiling.

I sat on the bed, right where the sunlight, that weak morning sun hit, looking up towards the window and hearing the first click. She was in my diagonal to the left. We used the bed a lot, don't think nonsense. Half of the photos she took there, I was sitting and the other half I was lying, and believe me, she was able to get different positions and angles in more than seventy photos, just there.

I had packed a small bag with some clothes that could be used. Camila just left the room when I asked her to leave so that I could change clothes and put on makeup. She just asked me not to exaggerate on the makeup.