Nightmare (20)

NOTE: For a better reading, listen to the song "Bubble Wrap by McFly" during the whole chapter :)

-----

Camila and I were in an ice-cream shop, we were choosing the ice-cream flavor, and then I paid for at least that, since Alejandro had paid for the whole dinner. We sat at a table near one of the huge glass windows facing the beach, it made the whole establishment look even more beautiful thanks to the view it had of the gorgeous beach.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

"I'm sorry for that awful dinner."

"The food was wonderful." I said, putting a bit of my ice-cream in my spoon and bringing it up to my mouth.

"Lolo... You understood." She said and I smiled weakly, shrugging.

"Alright... I should've told you, it's just that that isn't a subject I like to talk about." I spoke sincerely, and she held my hand.

Camila was a true friend, even not knowing the real reason why we met, or what I really do for a living, she's a great person, and I can tell her everything about my life. After all she won't be alive to tell someone later, so it was okay.

" 'It's a great pleasure to meet you too, Mrs. Cabello'?" Camila questioned smiling, and I couldn't help laughing.

"I was freaking out..." I defended myself, stealing a spoonful of her ice-cream.

"You did well!" She said sincerely, and I smiled.

Great.

We left the ice-cream shop and it was already 11PM. We went to the car and I invited her to sleep at my house, she smiled and nodded her head, claiming it would be a great pleasure.

We entered my apartment and I told her that she could go ahead because I was going to drink some water. I hung around in the kitchen for a while and took my medicine, going then to my bedroom. My room was empty, but my bathroom wasn't. Camila was brushing her teeth already dressed in a Lakers sweatshirt, which was her favorite to wear when she slept here; she was barefoot, and only her panties covered her bottom half.

I walked over to her and hugged her from behind. Camila has such a nice scent, and her way of being gives me an out of the ordinary peace. I like the feelings she causes in me, even if all these feelings and sensations scare me sometimes. I kissed her neck and brushed my nose in that area, feeling her wonderful scent even more. Camila freed herself from my arms and bent towards the sink, spitting and rinsing her mouth.

"Is someone needy?" She asked, hugging my neck, and I smiled.

"I'm just thinking about them... And it kind of makes me a bit depressed." I confessed and her countenance became sad. Camila stroked my face and stole a peck.

"Don't think about it, okay?!" She spoke brushing our noses and kissing my check right after. "Get ready for bed, I'll be waiting for you there."

I did as she asked, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and tried to forget. I took a deep breath and went to bed, lying next to her. Quickly, my waist was wrapped by her arm, and I buried my head in her hair, feeling the wonderful scent it exuded.

"Thank you for being here today." I said and she stole a somewhat long peck.

"Just know that I'll always be here for you, no matter what!"

I smiled weakly and she smiled back. Then Camila brought one of her hands to my eyes and closed them, kissing the tip of my nose; and I fell asleep soon after.