Your dreams (26)

NOTE: For a better reading, during the chapter listen to "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's :)

-----

Alejandro was such a strange man, he seemed to be bipolar, sometimes he was rude and unbearable, and at other times he was kind and a gentleman. That constant mood change left me confused and totally enraged. Camila had glared at him a thousand times to draw his attention during lunch because of his rude remarks towards me and because of his bad taste jokes.

Sinu, in turn, was a lovely person, she had talked to me about many things during lunch, and she wanted Camila and I to meet the rest of the family as soon as possible. I had smiled awkwardly and told her that we would soon.

Sofia... I really adored that kid. She was too smart for her age, she could talk about absolutely everything, she was funny and apparently she adored me. We had talked about everything, and I invited her to spend Friday with me and Camila, and she accepted.

After lunch with my future in-laws and sister-in-law, Camila wanted to come to my house to sleep, and I accepted of course. We had both put on our pajamas and then we slept under the thick duvets since it was pretty cold today. I don't think I've ever slept so well, knowing she was safe and warm in my arms.

I was leaning over the sill of the window of my apartment, and Camila was sleeping sprawled on the bed as I enjoyed the view of the beach. I loved to look at the view from my apartment... It was so beautiful.

"I assure you that your view isn't better than mine." I heard Camila say, and I turned, laughing, seeing that Camila was staring at my ass.

I ran towards her and jumped on the bed, lying down next to her and hugging her.

"You're beautiful even while sleeping." I said, brushing my nose against her cheek and stroking her waist under her shirt.

"Laur, can you please warm my feet?" She asked, and I laughed, lifting the duvet and getting underneath it, hugging her and entwining our feet. "You're cold." She said, hiding her face in the crook of my neck.

"You'll warm me up pretty quickly." I said, and Camila hugged me tighter. I smiled at that.

I got kind of gloomy and hid myself from the world when I killed someone, it was not something I felt good about doing, I'd get a guilty conscience and I'd feel bad, only that didn't happen this time. I protected Camila, and that was enough to make me feel like I did the right thing.

I wanted to do something for her, a surprise, something nice... something that would make her happy and that consequently would distract my mind.

I stayed pampering her a little longer in bed, stroking her back, kissing her forehead, making her laugh... And gradually, that soothed my heart and mind.

When I saw that we had an hour and a half for the sun to set, I asked her to get dressed in warm, comfortable clothes. I opened the closet and grabbed a normal backpack and a camping backpack; and inside the camping backpack I put two very well rolled duvets. Then I folded the one we were using in bed and placed two pillows on top of it. I went to the closet again and grabbed two sweatshirts, two beanies and socks.

Before Camila got out of the bathroom, I put on black sweatpants and remained with the same shirt I slept in, and then I grabbed a thick and very warm sweatshirt. As soon as Camila appeared in the bedroom, I saw that she looked no much different than me, she was only missing the sweatshirt. She frowned when she saw all those things huddled on the bed, and I laughed, winking at her. I handed her a sweatshirt, warning her that she couldn't leave with only that shirt, and she put it on without complaining.