Chapter 32 ✂ Faithful As She

When his meaty hands slipped passed the hem of your skirt, your breath was completely gone. Every limb in your body tensed as his nails grazed the skin of your thigh. But suddenly his hands disappeared but you promised not to open your eyes feeling his breath ghost across your collarbone. "You thought I was kidding about this, didn't you (Y/N)? Well I wasn't!" He hollered, breaking the collar of your blouse and tearing the material in a long thin strip.

Your dignity was more precious at the moment than anything else you could have ever imagined. Your eyes snapped open, snatching his hands as they hooked onto the rest of the material, "Let me go! You bloody bastard!" You screamed, shedding a few hot tears in the attempt.

Grike withdrew his hands only to smash your shoulder onto the cement wall behind you. You thrashed about, convulsing in his grasp but when he had the greater advantage, he tore your blouse right through the middle.

You were vulnerable to the young man as he pinned you into his mercy.

However, just in time, your daughter launched herself onto the man, throwing him off balance. Grike shot up to the balls of his feet, tossing his body viciously to take Grace off his back. "Leave her alone!" The child shrieked above her lungs as she swung her body to the side, forcing Grike to smash against the metal cellar bars.

"AHH GOD!" He screamed in pain. You took no time to understand what was going on. You grabbed Grace who was hanging from his shoulder, covered your chest and ran out the creaking door up to the sunlight.

Grike, meanwhile, struggled to painlessly tear his ear away from the nail that stabbed straight into the cartilage. And as a few minutes passed, and his rage grew as blistering as lava, he yanked his ear away, blood spilling onto his green buttoned vest. Grinding his teeth together viscously, he stormed up the stairs, feeling slightly weaker than he did before.

You and Grace were racing, you knees daring to buckle beneath you. "Ma!" Grace called to you.

"Keep running sweetie! We can keep a safe distance from him as long as we keep up our pac-"

"Ma! I stole his phone!" The girl abruptly stopped, shoving the cellular device into your hands.

You stared at the screen, flabbergasted and puzzled at the list of those you needed to call. You tapped the phone icon and dialled in the ten digits, your heart racing as you still kept a jogging pace.

As it rung, Grace gawked at you hopefully, "Who are you calling, ma?"

You glanced down at your mortified and beaten daughter to answer before a voice interrupted you from the other end of the phone, "Hello?"

"Emma it's me, (Y/N)! I-I could really use whatever sheriff skill you have right now-"

"Whoa, whoa? (Y/N), this can't be you- you're d-dead..."

"Long story short- we're in danger..."

✂✂✂

"Magic?" Gold grimaced a bit.

"Yes, magic. To bring them back. I heard Dr. Whale and Regina have done it before, why can't I?" Jefferson asked sincerely.

"Because they're at peace. I don't want to disturb them." The old man huffed a sigh, leaning against his cane, "I only allowed the others to bring their companions from the dead only because I don't care about them."

The Mad Hatter stood straight, his eyes falling to the ground, "You don't miss them?"

He stood silent for a moment, staring at the dried roses he had in his old vase. "Like Baelfire, I let her go. But I started abandoning her earlier than I did with him. I never was a good father to her." Gold paused, shaking head as he chucked lowly. "How was I going to be a good father if I can't be a good human in the first place?"