Chapter 13 ✂ The Wardrobe

The smell of rotten flesh casted in the air like a poison in one's vein. Snow leisurely drifted down to the ground and coated it in a soft pleasurable way. It wasn't too breezy but your cheeks were slightly red. You spent the entire night in the forest, attempting to bury your precious goods. With your forehead drenched in sweat and your hands shaking lightly from your panic attack, you finally finish the job and stabbed a tombstone in front of the burial.

You sighed in relief and threw the shovel to the side, along with your meaty guard gloves. "Remind me never to do that again..." You muttered, your lips slowly for into a smirk. It didn't take you long to recognize a lingering presence behind you. Not even taking the time to turn and look at the face, you quickly tossed a knotted shade of leaves and branches onto the barely covered grave and slipped behind the willow tree. With your breath caught in your throat, you slowly and ever so gently, glanced around to find a man stagger towards a grave nearby. Although it was murky in your eyes, you only saw the silhouette of the man and the familiar rose in his hands. Your heart sank at the sight of tears stream down the man's face.

You couldn't deny the urges to confront the person, and with that, you sauntered over to the man, while shoving your hands into your pocket. "Hello there..." You muttered, standing abreast the man.

"Hi..." He sniffled, with his lips pursed together and his voice thick of tears. You didn't even want to steal a glance at him, knowing somehow, the Dark One's daughter, would probably force herself to cry before normal peasants.

"She meant a lot, didn't she?" You muttered, glancing at the rose on the grave.

"More than anything..." He replied.

"Well I go by one thing and one thing only. People you really love are like boomerangs, no matter how hard you throw the bloody thing, it'll always comes back to you." You grinned, glancing up from the ground. "One way or another."

He chuckled in a familiar way, "So are you telling me she's going to rise from the dead?"

"Well she could come in another form. Another woman, another girl to replace her spot perhaps. Life isn't that cruel you know?" You laughed lightly beneath your breath.

"You're very wise." He nodded, attempting, but failing, to steal a glance at you from the corner of his eyes.

"Thank you," you beamed, "I don't get that often."

He finally, glanced your way and recognized that face better than his own mother. "I wonder why, (Y/N)." He mumbled, with the right side of his lip turned into a lopsided smile. You glanced up immediately and you knew the voice right from that point.

"Jefferson?" You laughed hysterically. "Well it's surprise to see you here."

"Well not exactly... It's more of a surprise to see you here actually." He replied with his smirk spreading across his face. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Umm... Let me show you." You beamed a smug grin as you seized his hand and dragged him to the grave. You waited to longer to pull the branches on the grave and dig the grave again.

"(Y/N)! W-What are you doing? Stop!" He exclaimed, snatching your wrist.

"C'mon Jefferson, trust me. This is a good thing!" You laughed.

"Digging a grave is not a good thing as far as I know!"

You chortled, finally hitting the large chest in the bottom of the grave. With weary, throbbing arms, you dragged the goods out just in time to find Jefferson stoned in astonishment. "Where did you-"

"Wait! Questions after the good parts." You winked, opening the chest to reveal gold, diamonds and treasury.

"(Y/N)..."