Chapter 18 - I have to give up

"Oh no, I don't do washing," I protested. It was 9:00pm and Mia, Lillian and Emma had just gone to bed. Bella was trying to make me wash up after dinner.

"You share the safe house, you share the jobs," She told me, offering the dishcloth.

"Who do you think you are?" I snapped, shoving the cloth back at her.

"Bella Hart, sixteen, member of FBI," She replied, looking at me.

"Ugh, FBI. Anyway, I'm older, so don't tell me what to do."

"I was here first - and what was that about the FBI?"

"I don't care if you were here first. You are just a little kid. And the FBI is so... well known. They are so public and honestly I don't think that they are really who they say they are."

"What do you mean by that? Look, are you going to wash up or not - I need to go yell at my boss for being stuck here with you."

"Wait you can't! They can't know that I'm here, my boss is hunting me. My job didn't turn out as expected..." I shrieked. The thought of being captured crossed through my mind. Mr. Shive would probably torture me.

"Fine, I won't tell them. Although I did want to yell at them..."

"Get over it," I smirked. She rolled her eyes in return.

"Fine - I won't tell, in return for you helping with housework - dishes today, helping cook tomorrow."

"Fine, but I will only wash the dishes, not dry and put away," I argued.

"Stop being such a baby. It is just a five minute difference. Plus, I would just let them drip dry overnight." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find my phone," She said, handing me the dishcloth. Then Harry walked out of the bathroom dangling a gold iPhone between his thumb and forefinger.

"Um, I found this in the bathroom when I was looking for deodorant...?" he said, sounding unsure.

"Yeah, that's mine, thanks," She blushed, grabbing it, and shooting him a wink.

"Okay, you're welcome. I think." He was confused, but she just grinned at him. Ugh, she is such a try hard.

"Long story. Do you want something to drink?" I shot her a weird look. Was she trying to get him drunk?

"Yeah I'll have a beer please," Harry said. Bella dropped the phone on the counter and opened the fridge.

"Angel, you want anything?"

I looked up. "Nothing for me, I don't drink." I had seen too many people make stupid mistakes when drunk.

"Okay, well more for us." Bella said, winking at Harry. I felt bile rise in my throat.

"Actually make that a tequila shot." I said.

"Angel are you sure?" Harry asked concern evident in his eyes.

"You act so worried? Why?" Bella asked.

"Oh. No reason. Actually I might have tequila as well." Harry commented. He looked at me, searching for approval, but I just looked away.

"Problem is," Bella said, drawing it out. "I don't know if we have tequila."

She began opening random cupboards, and finally produced some bottles.

"We have vodka, schnapps, whiskey - oh yep, tequila," She said. "Still want some?"

"Give us some glasses," Harry murmured distractedly. I could feel his gaze on me. I glared at the washing up water.