Chapter 27 - What you deserve

~Mr Shive's POV~

I groaned, as I struggled to pull myself from the rubble of the building that I called my workplace. The remainder of the building was on fire, and the bits that weren't were stacks of rubble. I tried pulling myself up, but my leg was caught in the rubble, making me fall back to the floor.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, and I looked up to meet the eyes of my older brother. He looked at me with hate.

"Brother." I croaked.

"For years you have been responsible for my living hell. You made me turn to the dark side, and I am ashamed of you." I stare up at him, outraged.

"Why you little-"

"You are weak. You couldn't take down Angel. You don't deserve to live." He pulled out a gun and pointed it at me.

"No!" I screamed, as he pulled the trigger. The bullet hit me in the forehead, as I closed my eyes for the last time.

~Angel's POV~

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital. I had been here for 4 hours, as the doctors looked at Harry. The stark white hospital walls, gave me a headache and the smell of disinfectant leaked through the room. Every time the receptionist called out someone's name I would jump, hoping it would be me, distraught when my name was never called.

"Angel Queen?" The receptionist said.

I shot up out of my chair at the mention of my name.

"That's me." I stated. She shot me a look of pity.

"Room 213."

I ran towards the room, and shoved open the door. Harry lay pale on a bed. Tears came to my eyes, as my gaze swept over his dishevelled hair, his colourless face, and his limp body.

"I'm sorry Miss. There was nothing we could do. He has gone into a coma, and we don't know when he'll wake up." A doctor said. I glanced at him, tears threatening to spill.

"He will wake up though? Right?" I whispered, emotion making my voice crack.

The man shot me a look of remorse. "I'm sorry, we don't know." The tears that were before threatening to spill, now leaked down my face. I ran over to Harry's hospital bed and lay down beside him, sobbing into his shirt.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said.

"Sorry won't make him wake up!" I yelled. The man looked frightened, and scampered out of the room.

I lay my head on Harry's chest.

"I'm so sorry Harry. This is all my fault. Why couldn't I finish the course faster? Why couldn't I find the right antidote first? Why couldn't I have killed Mr Shive?"

He lay silent, eyes closed.

"I promise to stay here with you until you wake up. I will do anything for you to wake up."

I hugged him tighter, when suddenly my hand came across a stiff piece of paper. I slipped it out of his pocket and began reading.

The sheet music and lyrics had been written out. I began to read. There was a small note at the start.

This song is dedicated to Angel. She makes me stronger, and thats what this song is about.

(A/N Play song)

My hands,

Your hands

Tied up