Chapter 17 - Fire and ice

"Well... This is awkward." Ray stated, as he looked at the scene he had just walked in on.

"You think? Ray would you give us a minute?" I asked, through gritted teeth.

"Oh, yeah, sure." He turned and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with Harry.

"Angel..."

"What the hell was that? You can't just try to kiss me! I'm your kidnapper! You can't like me!" I screamed. Harry looked shocked.

"Angel, I needed to tell you. I just needed you to know!" He yelled.

"No, you needed to keep your lady charming ways going. I remember reading that you are the ladies man of your group. You just wanted another lady, but since we are on the run you can't have one, can you?" I said.

"No Angel, I genuinely like you. You are the only girl who sees me for me! Everyone else sees me as Harry Styles, famous boy band member. But to you I'm Harricent! I can be me! I like you Angel!"

"Well I don't like you Harry Styles." With those words I turned and stormed out of the room. The events from earlier played through my head, like a broken record. Harry Styles liked me. He tried to kiss me.

And deep down? I liked him back.

xoxoxoxox

The next day passed quickly, with me making little to no contact with Harry. We had occasional run-ins but that was it. I couldn't bring myself to speak to him.

It was time to leave Ray's safehouse. After a quick goodbye, Harry and I drove away. Our next safehouse was a good 6 hours away and I wanted to make it before dark. The drive was quiet and awkward. We made small talk, but it quickly turned into silence. You could cut the tension with a knife.

Harry and I pulled up at the second safe house, to find that there was already a car in the driveway.

"Harry stay down, and grab my spare gun." I told him.

"Yes sir!" he answered mockingly. I glared at him, before grabbing my freeze ray and exiting the car.

I crept towards the house, not wanting to get caught. Suddenly the door snapped open and a skinny girl with brown hair walked out. Without even looking at me she fired her weapon, narrowly missing my head. I glared before shooting a cold blast of ice at her. She used her flame thrower to melt the ice. She again tried to hit me with a flame, but I dodged it, before shooting at her. With her feet frozen to the ground, she shot at me again, this time hitting my dominant arm.

We stopped shooting, as we had both been injured.

"Who the hell are you?" the girl snapped.

"No, who the hell are you?" I glared.

"I asked first." she argued.

"So? Just because you asked first doesn't mean you can get an answer first!" I retorted. The girl rolled her eyes.

"Well I was here first."

"Well I need the safe house more."

She sighed. "You can call me Bella. Now stop being a child and tell me your name."

"Angel."

Trying to not get on the bad side of Flame Thrower girl, I raised my arm to shake her hand, but it stung. Oh yeah, she burned me. Looking up I noticed her try to move, but of course her feet were frozen. Looking at each other and half-smiling, I used my freeze ray to stop my arm hurting, as she threw flame at the block of ice encasing her feet. We walked towards each other and shook hands.