6: Cell Mates

I felt the car stop and I started thinking. I heard footsteps get closer to the trunk and I got in position. The trunk opened and I kicked Adam right where it hurts causing him to kneel over. I hopped out of the trunk and slammed Adam's head into the metal of the car. "Never lock a lady in a trunk" I said staring at his unconscious form. I rolled my eyes and began to walk away before realizing I had no idea where we were. In the middle of the forest. I turned and stared at Adam. Who actually was trying to stand up by propping himself on the car. I grabbed him by the hair and made him stand.
"Where are we?" I hissed.
"At the Hydra base" he said and I yanked his hair causing him to flinch.
"You're a jerk" I said rudely.
"But you fell for my lies" he said smiling but I wiped that smile away when I yanked on his hair a little harder.
"I hate you" I said as I noticed Hydra agents coming toward us. I made a knife out of ice and held it to Adam's neck.
"You're surrounded but down the ice and stand down" said a familiar voice. I growled silently before turning on my heels staring at an old friend who I did jobs for.
"You know you could've sent an invitation. I would have gladly accepted" I said dropping the ice.
"I know. This was more fun" he said with a smirk.
"Luke, next time call ahead" I said pushing Adam to the ground.
"Sorry bout this Jade but we need a favor" Luke said before someone pulled out a taser. A shock went through my body and I collapsed to the ground and everything went dark.

I opened my eyes and let myself adjust to the surroundings. I sat up on a bed and looked around the room. There was another bed on the other side of the room and the walls were made of some kind of steel. There was a separate room, thankfully Hydra gives privacy. There was a small door with a window on it. I walked over to the door and looked out the window before I came face to face with Luke.
"Hi" he said smiling.
"Yeah, hi" I said clearly unamused.
"You'll be getting a cell mate soon" he said with a big grin, "I wonder if you two will get along."
"Oh great. What is this some experiment?! Listen Luke! I was your friend!" I said.
"Jade, this isn't an experiment. You'll walk out alive. I promise" he said.
"I have two marks on my neck from a taser!" I said showing him the two marks on my neck from them electrocuting me.
"I'm sorry about that" he said as I saw him turn his head and smile, "your roommate is here." I heard footsteps and I moved away from the door waiting to see what kind of monster they are putting in a cell with me. The door opened and I waited to see what it was. The tossed a tall man into the room and he ran towards the door but they shut it before he got to it. When he turned around I nearly ran to the door myself.
"Hello Captain" I said staring at Flag Boy. He was wearing his suit.
"Mrs Raven" he said clearly wanting to leave as soon as he laid his eyes on me.
"Lovely to see you too" I said smiling as I plopped down on the bed making it scream under my weight. I'm not that heavy though. Cap stood there not knowing what to do.
"Did they taser you too?" I asked smiling. He shook his head no, "you're the lucky one." I showed him the two marks on my neck and he tried not to laugh.
"I wish they would taser you right now. I'd be the one laughing" I said looking up at the ceiling, "hey I have a question."
Time to be annoying. Let's see what ticks off the Captain!
"How's Peggy? And Bucky? What about Howard?" I asked standing up noticing his face turning to anger as he clenched his fist, "it's funny. Because I thought it was the end of the line." Next thing I knew he had a hand around my neck and I was pushed up against the steel wall. His nose holes flaring with anger. I love pressing buttons.
"At least I have a life" Rogers hissed as he dropped me and I fell to the floor on my butt, it took me awhile but I got my breath back. His words really did hurt me. I guess you could say I didn't have a life. I had no real family in the past. I only knew my mom for 2 years. The only thing I had from family was Razor. And Razor was taken away from me.
"You know what Captain. I may not have a life. But you know nothing about my past. I know everything about yours. "At least I have a life" my butt! You were a chorus girl!" I said finding strength to get up. He stared at me as if he wondered about my past.
"I wouldn't tell you crap, even if I was paid a million dollars" I said laying back down on the bed. I looked at the ceiling and felt tears in my eyes. Every villain has a breaking point. I didn't make eye contact with Cap as I saw him move a little closer. Slowly but surely.
"I'm sor-"
"Don't" I said raising my hand to stop him. I rolled over so I had my back to him, "I guess we have to get use to each other." Cap sighed before walking over to his bed and he laid down.
"I'm not friends with the enemy" he said. A tear rolled down my cheek and I closed my eyes trying to block out the old memories of my mother.

"My little Raven. So brave. So kind" mom said tucking a piece of my long black hair behind my ear. I hugged her tightly.
"I love you momma" I said smiling.

"RUN JADE!" Mom yelled as someone tried to break down the door. She helped me out the window, "run as far as you can and don't turn back. Be brave and be kind." I nodded to her before hugging her. The door was broken down and I took off running. I heard gunshots and my mom scream. I hid in a garbage bin trying not to cry. My mom was gone and there was nothing I could do.

"Jade! Wake up! Jade!" I felt someone shake me. I opened my eyes seeing the Captain. This was just a reflex. I punched him where it hurts.
"I'm sorry!" I said quickly sitting up, "that was really stupid of me. I am sorry."
"I never heard you say sorry before" he said smiling.
"If we're going to get out of here. We need a plan" I whispered. He nodded to me. Maybe I could trust him.
"Are we good?" I asked.
"Maybe" he said giving me a smile.
"I did make you hot chocolate after all" I said. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.