20: Comfort

"I love you my little Raven" mother said with a small smile as she tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and held me close. I had a nightmare and she was comforting me while it rained and thundered outside. She hummed a soft tune as she rubbed my back softly trying to get me to go back asleep.
I felt something wrap around me and I thought I was being attacked in my sleep. My eyes snapped open and I kicked whatever was there with my foot. A groan was heard and I looked around to see Johnny holding his stomach.
"Good morning to you too" he mumbled before climbing back down the ladder. I looked over at the door to see that the knob was now melted metal.
"You melted the knob?" I asked.
"I got worried about you" he said staring at me with those beautiful blue irises. Shut up!
I gave him a small smile before climbing back down the ladder. He pulled me into a small hug and held me for a long time, "thought you could use some comfort." We laid on the bottom bunk and I laid my head in Johnny's lap. His warm body heat felt amazing. I felt myself grow sleepy as he rubbed my back.
"Steve is really sorry for what he said. And the coast is clear. We can go back to the tower. Everything is fixed up and cleaned. More guards" Johnny whispered softly.
"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked.
"6 hours" he said.
"Wow" I said. Then everything came back to me. I had confronted my father and ended up killing Alison in the end. It's my fault that my best friend was dead. There was nothing I could do about it. She was gone. Maybe Tony could use science and bring her back from the dead like they did with Agent Coulson. I felt tears form in my eyes and I guess Johnny had noticed them. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead. When was Johnny Storm so comforting?!
"It's not your fault, Jade" he said.
"You weren't there. I killed her. I killed Alison" I said.
"Jade, you didn't mean to do that. Don't blame yourself for something that you didn't have any control over" he said.
"I'm a mess" I groaned.
"We all are. But we use those mistakes to make us better" he replied with a kind smile.
"Thank you, Johnny. I never knew you could be so comforting" I said smiling.
"I try" he said, "now should I get a payment for being comforting?"
"Nice try Torch" I said slapping his muscular chest playfully.
"Go talk to Steve. He is really upset about what he said" Johnny said.
"Okay" I said as I started to walk away but I turned back catching Johnny off guard and pecked him gently on the cheek, "thanks."
I walked out of the room and Emma ran over to see if I was okay. She cupped my face in her soft hands and moved my hair from my face scanning for any tear stains on my cheeks. Emma then sighed with relief and pulled me into a hug. She was like an older sister to me. I looked over Emma's shoulder to see Steve. I let go of Emma's warm embrace and walked over to Steve.
"I'm really sorry for calling you the enemy. I shouldn't have done that. I felt so stupid after I said that" he said.
"It's fine, Cap. I just thought that if I proved myself a hero maybe I would be the bad guy any more" I said, "and my best friend was killed because of me."
"Don't blame this on yourself, Jade" Arianna said tucking a piece of her long hair behind her ear as she hugged herself.
"You don't need to blame yourself. We're here for you" Thea said smiling kindly. I looked over to Uncle Thor. I ran over and threw my arms around my Uncle hugging him tightly. I looked over at Alison's dead body. She looked peaceful. I walked over to her and moved hair from her pale face.
"We're going back to the tower today" Reed said as I continued to stare at Alison's body.
"Jade?" I heard Thor asked but I ignored them.
"Jade?" Emma asked as tears rolled down my cheeks.
"JADE?!" Arianna asked making me turn towards her.
"Hmm?" I asked.
"Let's get our things. Thor you carry Alison" Steve said.
"I'll carry Alison" I said picking her up like a child. Soon we were outside of the tower. I teleported inside leaving everyone outside. I laid Alison on one of the tables in the lab. I stared at her waiting for her to wake up or show some kind of life.
"Please wake up" I said staring at her but she didn't move. I couldn't help but cry. It's been years since I've known Alison. I stared at her for a little longer before teleporting to my bedroom. It was different this time. It looked nicer. I sat on the bed and stared at the wall. I laid down and stared at the ceiling for a long while. Johnny walked into the room and laid down beside me.
"What are we doing?" He asked staring at the ceiling.
"I don't know" I said.
"It wasn't your fault, Jade. You know" Johnny said pulling me close to him.
"I think I'm falling for you every second" I said staring at him.
"What?" He asked.
"I think I'm in love with you Johnny" I said staring into his eyes. Am I falling in love with flame brain?

There you go all you Johnny and Jade shippers. Raven Torch! But however do you think she really loves him? Comment your thoughts~ Kenlee Faith